7th Grade

13 year old Sakura sat on her porch, watching the sunset in the warm spring air. Today was the last day of spring break, She sighed, her parents don't even know she's out there, nor do they care. Mitsu had started school last year, and had many friends, Sakura was happy for her little sister.

Her parents looked happy too, although in the past 6 years, they've managed to almost completely forget she exists. Sad right? But Sakura was ok with that cause if this is what makes them happy, then so be it.  She couldn't wait to get back to school, where no one forgot her. Karin, Ami, Mai and her basically run the school, although the other 3 have gone slightly power hungry.

"Nee-chan, nee-chan!" Mitsu called from the door. Sakura looked up at her.

"Yea, Mitsu?"

"It's time for dinner, c'mon!"

Sakura sat up and went inside, at least one member of her family remembered her.

-

Sakura got up at 6:00 am, she brushed her teeth, took a shower and got dressed. She put on a white t-shirt with a black sweater, white washed jeans and black converse. Pretty simple outfit, Sakura never liked dressing up unless it was for a special occasion.

Going downstairs she made her self some toast for breakfast.

'Good morning, brat'

'Good morning inner' Sakura replied, mentally rolling her eyes.

Inner appeared one day in Sakura's mind in third grade, at first Sakura thought she was going crazy, but soon just accepted inner. After all she made school way more entertaining, always mentally sending comebacks at teachers when they told her to do something, or making her witty, sarcastic remarks.

'Something feels off about today...' Inner said, she sounded anxious, inner never sounded anxious.

'Well, I guess we'll find out why sooner or later' Sakura said,

'Yeah..'

-

Sakura entered her class, expecting to see her friends and a loud class. Instead when she walked in the whole class became quiet, then there were whispers, and finally a couple snickers.
Sakura scrunched up her face in confusion, why was everyone acting weird? Suddenly she heard the door open to see her 3 'best friends' walk in.

"Hey guys!" Sakura greated them with a smile.

"Who do you think you are forehead?" Karin sneered at her.

Sakura was taken aback. She looked at Ami and Mai, only to see Ami biting back a laugh, and Mai looking at her shoes.

"G-guys? What's wrong?"

"We'll tell you straight up, your boring, ugly, dumb, and overall not good enough to be friends with us." Ami smirked.

Mai nodded her head in agreement, her innocent act from before came crashing down when she sent a glare Sakura's way.

'THESE LITTLE SHI-'

'INNER LANGUAGE!'

'Geez that's what you care about right now?'

'Yeah yeah."

Sakura wasn't worried, just cause her ex-best friends didn't like her, didn't mean everyone did, right? Well that was proven wrong...

"HAHA, DID YOU HEAR WHAT THEY CALLED HER! THATS HILARIOUS!" She heard someone yell, she looked up at the class only to hear loud laughter and see those traitorous, smirking 'friends'.

Sakura ran out of the class, usually she would fight back, or defend herself. But for some reason she just couldn't. She ran all the way to the library and ran to the back, not bothering to greet the librarian. Although her school's library was usually busy, it was quiet as classes started. Sakura sat on a bean bag in the far corner and just thought about everything.

'Your boring,'

It just kept repeating in her head.

'Ugly,'

Was she really? Her forehead was pretty big, and her hair looked so strange compared to others, even her sister's purple hair was more common than hers. She didn't have many curves but she was only 13!

'And dumb.'

What did she mean by that? Sakura was the smartest in the group! Did she mean street smart? She didn't know.

Sakura knew if they could get the class to turn on her, they could get the school to too. There goes her hope. She couldn't talk to her parents, they either wouldn't care or it would stress them out and Sakura couldn't do that to them. Mitsu was too young to understand. If only Ino or Hinata were here. They would most certainly be great at giving advice, and Tenten would beat them up for her.

The bell signalling first period was over rang. Sakura sighed and got up, she was surprised she didn't shed a single tear. She headed for the nurses office to hopefully fake sickness and go home. She was still trying to process that the people she called her best friends stabbed her in the back like that.

But it's only getting started.
--------------------------------------------
Sooooo it's pretty late rn and I'm very sleepy but I can't fall asleep 😭 should Sakura have a love interest in this story, if so who? Thanks for reading guys 💕