Accepted or Declined

Sakura awoke to bright sunlight streaming through her window. She groggily opened her eyes and checked the time, it read 9:05 am. She stretched and got up to start her Sunday. As she finished brushing her teeth she couldn't help but think of the application she had sent in to KA. It was supposed to be here any day now, and she was beginning to grow anxious. Her birthday had come and gone again, uneventfully, and it was early May now.

She walked downstairs and was greeted with the smell of pancakes. When she got to the kitchen she spotted a plate of pancakes on the counter, and a note from her sister saying she left some for her. She ate her pancakes while talking to inner, having their usual banter. Finishing her breakfast, Sakura decided she would go for a walk. Hopefully by the time she got back, there would be a KA letter waiting for her.

-

Walking around the neighbourhood, Sakura took in some of the beauties of Oto. The random fields of grass, the small forests, the river, the fresh air. This was a luxury you could only find here. Of course Konoha is beautiful too, but nature isn't the same everywhere you go. As Sakura was walking, she passed by another field that ended by the river. Deciding she wanted to rest, she walked to the river bank and sat down, watching the rushing water. The water sparkled as the sunlight hit it, making it look magical. Small flowers grew at the edge of the bank, softly swaying in the warm breeze. The breeze caused Sakura's hair to blow lightly, making the scene look beautiful.

Now Oto was not known by nature, no that was Konoha. Oto's nickname was 'Sound.' Many people here grew up to become successful musicians, but the sound of the nature here almost outshines all of that. Closing her eyes and laying back, Sakura listened to the chirps of the birds and the rushing water. She heard the wind blowing the trees in the distance and the buzz of bugs as they flew around the far end of the river, searching for food. It was so calm and peaceful. Sakura loved it.

-

When Sakura walked back into her house, inner decided to pop up again.

'Yo.'

'Hey inner.'

'Listen brat, I've been thinking. You wanted to know my name right?'

'Yes! Are you gonna tell me?'

'No.'

'Asshole.'

'Love you too.'

'Well if your not gonna tell me, why'd you bring it up?'

'Ok, if you get in to KA I'll tell you.'

'And if I don't..?'

'You'll find out another time.'

'Ok...'

Now Sakura really wanted to get in. As she took another step into the house, she heard a crunch, looking down she saw she had stepped on the mail. Picking it up, she flipped through it till she got to one, very important letter. It was a letter from KA. Running to the living room, she set down the rest of the mail, before sitting down with her letter in her hand. Taking a deep, shaky breath, she slowly opened the envelope.

'This is it kid.'

'I know. Now stop distracting me.'

'Alright, grouchy pants.'

Sakura giggled at inner's childishness, helping her feel a little less anxious. Taking out the paper inside she closed her eyes for a while, before reading the words that could change her life for the better or worse.

Dear Ms Sakura Haruno,

           We would like to congratulate you on being accepted to Konoha Academy. You, along with 20 other students from around the country have been accepted into our special transfer program. Your uniform should arrive a week from now. Thank you for applying and see you next year.

                     Sincerely,
                             Tsunade Senju & staff

Sakura squealed. She actually squealed, very loudly as she jumped up from the couch. Spinning around the living room with the letter it her hand, Sakura couldn't contain her excitement. She was finally starting the first step of her wonderful new life. Suddenly she stopped, remembering inner's promise.

'Inner, now tell me what your name is!'

'Did you get in?'

'You see what I see... How do you not know this?'

'It was irrelevant at the moment.'

'What could you have possibly been doing that was more important than this!?'

'Sleeping.'

'Uh..ok... Anyways I got in!'

'Great.'

'Well... Tell me your name dude!'

'Ok, ok. My name is...

Sasori Akasuna.'
-------------------------------------------
Voila! Sasori is inner! But how's he trapped in someone's head wtf? How are you enjoying the story? Good? Bad? Terrible? Leave a comment and share please!💜