First Day

She was scared. Her palms were sweaty, one gripping the strap of her backpack and the other one was shaking. Sakura tried to calm her fast heart rate with deep breaths as she stood outside the doors of KA. She had already checked her schedule and she only had one class with Kankuro, other than that she wouldn't see them other than during lunch. Not only that but she was worried about having Karin and the slut squad in one of her classes, oh how fun that would be.

'Relax brat, they can't do anything to you now unless they want everyone to hate them.' Sasori reasoned.

'What do you mean?'

'Back In Oto, they had already spread rumours about you. But here is like a blank canvas.'

'Huh, well I guess that's true.' Sakura said, before squaring her shoulders and walking in.

-

Her first class was biology. Sakura sat in the back, by the window. Everyone already had a seat since they had come earlier, so Sakura was alone. Suddenly she heard the scrape of the chair next to her against the floor as someone pulled it out and sat down. Glancing to her left she saw none other than her old childhood friend, Shino.

Sakura's eyes widened a bit before she calmed down and continued looking out the window, staring at him would probably freak him out. Not only that but he might not even remember her. Sakura's attention strayed to the front of the room as the teacher came in and introduced himself, but she missed a certain person's curious glances at her all through class.

-

The bell rang signalling the end of first period and Sakura stood up, packing away the last of her books.

"Sorry to bother you, but do we know each other." She heard a some what familiar voice question, turning around she met the gaze of Shino.

"Oh-uhm yeah! We were friends when we were five or six but then I moved." Sakura replied wearily.

"Ah, Sakura was it? None of us have forgotten you, how could we?" Shino said. Sakura was taken aback, they didn't forget her either?

"W-well that's great, I really missed you guys.."

Shino nodded, "Well I'll talk to you later then, bye," he waved before leaving. Sakura stood for a couple seconds before a grin grew on her face, she grabbed her things and began walking to her second period, the one she had with Kankuro. Art.

-

The tables in art were set up in groups of 4, Sakura sat next to a girl and Kankuro who were talking too much to notice. Right before the bell rang, a boy with onyx hair and matching eyes walked in. He looked around before spotting the seat next to her's and walked over.

"Can I sit here?" He asked.

"Oh uh sure." Sakura replied. The boy kind of reminded her of Sasuke.

"My name is Sai, what's yours." The boy introduced.

"I'm Sakura, nice to meet you." The pinkette replied with a warm smile. He smiled back, and turned to the front of the class. Sakura sighed and took out her phone, where was their teacher?

-

The teacher, Deidara- sensei, came around 15 minutes late. He made up for it though, he was a pretty fun teacher. Sasori however, couldn't stop commenting on how his art sucked, or how the man's hair made him look like a girl. Sakura thought they would be great friends if they ever met.

It was finally lunch and Sakura was walking around the halls by the cafeteria, looking for Gaara and his siblings. She finally spotted his red hair and quickly walked over to him, only to be surprised at who they were with. Sai waved to her as she got closer. A small smile on his face.

"Hey Sak, how were your first 2 classes?" Gaara asked, looping an arm over her shoulder and ruffling her hair, like an older brother.

"Do we need to beat anyone up?" Kankuro asked, giving her a playful wink.

"Shut it you idiot!" Temari said, hitting Kankuro on the back of his head. The poor boy yelped and rubbed his head. Sai rolled his eyes and looked at her.

"I didn't know you knew them too." He said.

"Surprise." Sakura replied, grinning a bit.

"Let's go eat under a tree or something outside, the cafeteria looks too crowded." Gaara said, staring at the large room in distaste. Everyone nodded and began walking towards the doors.

-

It was finally last period. Nothing interesting happened during history, her third period class. No one tried to talk to her and everyone in that class seemed distant towards each other. Probably cause they barely knew each other. Last period was math, and sadly their teacher made a seating plan. One by one everyone was seated, and guess who God decided to seat her next to. One of Karin's followers, Ami Watanabe. Sakura slowly walked over to her seat without sparing even a glance at the girl.

Yet when she did, she saw something akin to sadness when she caught Ami's gaze. But why?

The class carried on slowly, and the tension between Ami and Sakura slowly began to ease. When class was finished, Sakura stood up, ready to leave as soon as possible. Yet someone caught her wrist before she could walk out, it was Ami.

"C-can I talk to you?" The girl asked.

Sakura's breath caught in her throat, a million scenarios ran through her head as to what Ami could be planning, yet being the nice girl she is, she nodded her head slowly and Ami let her wrist go.

"Uhm, I know this may be too late but I would like to apologize. I'm so sorry for picking on you with Karin, and believing her over you. She told me you said bad things about me behind my back-" Sakura gasped when she heard that, "and without thinking I believed her. So now I want to make it up to you by helping you, like telling you about what Karin says about you or what she's planning." Ami finshed, and took a deep breath. Sakura stood in awe of what she heard, before she felt tears prickling at the back of her eyes.

"You, you better not be lying to me, because I'm really thinking of accepting that apology." Sakura said quietly.

"I'm not, I promise." Ami assured her, hope filling her eyes.

Suddenly the purple haired girl was tackled into a hug, and she immediately hugged back. By now both girls had tears running down their cheeks.

"We can't tell anyone about this though, if Karin finds out I won't be able to help you out." Ami warned.

"I know, I know. Here, do you want my phone number so we can keep in contact?"

"Sure thing."

-

Sakura met up with Gaara, Temari and Kankuro outside the school before they began walking to their dorms. Sakura smiled to herself, her first day was amazing.

---------------------------------------------
Happy late Halloween guys! What did you guys dress up as? I was Wonder Woman 😜 how was this chapter? Leave a comment to let me know, I love hearing what you guys think!