Lunch Date

'Y'know, I bet none of your friends actually care about you.' Krul spoke for the nth time that morning.

'Shut up, Krul. I know better than to believe the trash you spout from that mouth of yours.' Sakura retorted, annoyed. That little demon had been trying to get to her all morning.

'I pity you. One day you'll regret not believing me.' Krul said.

'Whatever.' Sakura rolled her eyes, who did Krul think she was?

This had become a daily routine for them, Krul would attempt to make Sakura feel bad about herself and Sakura would ignore her. It was already the first day of Christmas break and Sakura had no clue about Sasori's whereabouts, she was beginning to think Krul had really done something to him. Speaking of Christmas break, Sakura was once again staying at the dorms. Her sister had called with the usual 'sorry they can't pick you up!' And Mebuki and Kizashi had gone on a cruise about a week ago, leaving the girl with a voice message. Usually, Sakura would feel comfort with the knowledge of Sasori being with her, but now even he was gone.

Sakura sighed and walked out of her dorm room, heading out to buy some food. On the way, she bumped into a familiar red head.

"Oh! Sorry Karin." Sakura said.

"Hey Sakura, it's no problem!" The red head replied, Sakura took notice of the small suit case in her hands.

"Are you heading home for the break?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah!" Karin replied. "It's not like anyone will be home to welcome me though.." she mumbled right after, Sakura didn't hear her.

"Oh, we'll see you after the break I guess." Sakura said, giving the girl a wave as she began walking away.

"See ya Sak!" Karin called, walking away as well.

Sakura stepped out of the building into the frigid December air,  a small bit of snow was falling from the sky. Most of the houses were decorated with Christmas lights and wreaths, and the school had decorated the trees surrounding the building. Sakura began thinking about what she should buy, pizza? Nah, she had that last week. A burger? Sure, she hasn't had one in a while. While she was thinking about her lunch, Sakura hadn't realized she was walking right towards someone. Only after bumping straight into them did she look up, stepping back a little.

"Ah, sorry!" Sakura said, looking up at the boy she bumped into. "Why do I keep bumping into people today?.." she mumbled.

"Oh, it's okay Sakura." Sasuke said. "Shouldn't you be heading home by now? Christmas is in three days y'know."

Sakura stared at him for a moment. "That's the most I've ever heard you say."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "So you're not heading home?"

Sakura laughed. "No, I'm not. What're you doing here anyways? Only the dorm students are still here."

"I was bored." He said.

"Okayy..?" Sakura mumbled. "Well, I'm going out for lunch, do you want to come?"

"Sure." Sasuke said, Sakura rolled her eyes, looks like he back to short replies.

Sakura grabbed his hand and began walking towards the restaurant once again, oblivious to the slight pink hue on the boy's cheeks. Their walk was relatively quiet, but neither of them complained. They got to the restaurant and finally let go of each other's hands to eat.

'Guess who's back!' Krul suddenly screeched inside Sakura's mind, almost making the girl cringe.

'Krul, go away. If you haven't already noticed, I'm trying to hang out with my friend.' Sakura replied, it was harder to talk to Krul in public than it was with Sasori for some reason.

'Pftt, you think that kid's your friend? Don't you remember? He said that he was bored, you were probably the last person he wanted to hang out with.' Krul mocked.

'If I was the last person he wanted to hang out with, why'd he tag along when I asked him if he was coming?'

'He probably felt bad for you, since no one likes you!'

Sakura inwardly rolled her eyes and tried to tune out Krul, quickly glancing up at her dark haired companion.

"So, what're you doing for the break?" Sakura attempted to start a conversation.

Sasuke looked up. "Nothin' much, I'll probably just hang around my Nii-San."

Sakura nodded and silence engulfed them once again, she already figured Sasuke wasn't as social as he was when they were younger. They finished eating and began heading back to the dorms, Sakura expected Sasuke to walk back to his house but instead he walked with her all the way back to the school.

They stood in front of the building for a second before turning to each other and just.. awkwardly stared at each other.

"Hn, since you're not doing anything during the break, why don't you come over to my house on Christmas Eve? My family's having a big dinner." Sasuke finally asked, staring at the space behind the pinkette.

"Oh, uh sure! See you then I guess." Sakura replied.

"Alright, bye." Sasuke said, turning around and beginning to walk away. As an afterthought he turned around, gave her a quick peck on the cheek and bolted away before she could question him.

Sakura stared at the space he once stood at before bursting into a fit of giggles, Sasuke sure was amusing. Despite her laughs, a small blush stained her cheeks.

'Stop laughing, he's obviously trying to play you!' Krul shouted, making the pinkette laugh harder.

'If that's what you think Krul, then you obviously don't know my friends as well as you think you do. Sasuke is most definitely not a player.' Sakura replied.

Krul remained silent after that, realizing how much she had messed up. Meanwhile, a couple blocks away now, a certain raven haired boy was repeatedly face palming. Inwardly of course, because he's an Uchiha.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Now she'll think I'm weird! I should've known better than to take advice from the dobe." Sasuke grumbled as he trudged home. Who knew Mr. Emo had emotions?
-------------------------------------------

 Emo had emotions? -------------------------------------------

Hehehehehe did someone say SasuSaku? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now now, calm down children, They haven't started dating.

What did you think of this chapter?

Was Sasuke too OOC? I hope not...

Have my graphics skills improved? >.<

If you don't like Krul, name this dot
--> •