Valentines Day

Exams had come and gone and now it was early February, which means a certain day is coming up, one that Sakura could care less about. She didn't hate Valentines Day, nor did she like it. She had given up on her hopes of receiving a gift on the love filled day long ago, and settled for being the bystander of the day's events. She'd seen Karin, Ami and Mai receive so many gifts, they could no longer fit anymore in their lockers, and Sakura? The most she'd gotten was an opened box of chocolates from Mai because the girl didn't like the way it tasted, neither did the pinkette. Sakura had never received anything for Valentines Day, and it would be no different this year.

Sakura was currently laying on her dorm bed, reading a book called 'The City Of Bones'. It was her new favourite book, and she was sure she'd love the rest of the series. A loud ring echoed through the room, signifying that she got a message and ruining the peaceful mood in her quiet room. Sakura sighed and put down her book, swapping it with her phone on the nightstand. Lazily typing in her password, Sakura began reading the new conversation in her group chat with her friends.

Ino: heyyy everyone!

Shikamaru: I'm trying to nap, leave me alone.

Tenten: hey guys.

Shino: hello.

Ino: hi Tenten and Shika!

Shino: I'm here too.

Naruto: Will someone get me ramen for Valentine's Day?

Hinata is typing...

"C'mon Hinata! Tell him that you will!" Sakura muttered, waiting for the Hyuga girl to reply. Sadly, she never did.

Neji: you won't get anything for Valentine's Day

Tenten: ouch

Neji: not you Tenten, I'll make sure of that.

Tenten is typing...

Sakura waited anxiously for the girl to reply, but when Tenten stopped typing and no reply came, Sakura groaned. The chat had become quiet then, it seemed like everyone left.

'How sad, no one loves you.' Krul laughed inside Sakura's mind.

'Shut up.' Sakura replied, in no mood for Krul's games.

'Face it, its true. Your parents could care less about you and your dumb sister only calls during holidays. When was the last time you heard from Kizashi and Mebuki, huh?' Krul spoke, slowly getting under the pinkette's skin.

'I said shut up, Krul!' Sakura retorted, unconsciously wrapping her arms around herself. Krul smirked.

'I'm sure your so called friends hang out all the time without inviting you along, they're probably laughing at you.' The little demon continued.

Sakura's arms tightened and as she was about to reply, a knock of her door was heard. Sakura's eyes, that she had closed not too long ago, snapped open. She could finally hear how heavy her breathing had got and took a few seconds to steady it before heading to the door, swinging it open.

"Oh! Hey Temari." Sakura casually greeted the smiling blonde.

"Hey Sakura! I need your help with something..." Temari said, a small blush appeared on her cheeks.