Thanksgiving With Naruto

Thanksgiving was right around the corner, and many, if not all, of the transfer students were packing some bags to go home for the long weekend. Sakura, however stayed put. She had received a call from her little sister, who excitedly told her about her family's plan for thanksgiving, ending off on a sad note that Sakura wouldn't be with them this year. After several minutes of reassuring her little sister she would be alright, Sakura hung up only to receive another call.

"Sakura! How're you?" Kizashi's voice greeted her, immediately placing a smile on her face.

"Tou-San! How are you and Kaa-San?" Sakura asked, only to be faced with silence.

After a while her 'dad' spoke, "I'll never get used to being called that, but it makes me and... Your mother so happy." He said, Sakura's eyes softened.  After a while of chat, and apologies that they couldn't pick her up for thanksgiving, Sakura hung up and sighed. She sure would be lonely this weekend, but at least she had Sasori.

'Sorry brat, I'm going on vacation too.'

'Shut up. You can't leave my head dumb*ss, are you gonna visit your best friend Deidara-sensei or something?'

'I'll never be friends with him of all people! Anyways, you're my only friend.'

'Correction, I am now your sister. Deal with it.'

'Well you are annoying, and I heard younger siblings are annoying so I guess it's true.'

'You're annoyinger.'

'That's not a word...'

Yeah... Let's just leave them alone for a while. Siblings are so... troublesome.

-

After bickering with Sasori, Sakura left to meet up with Naruto who had invited her to go out for lunch. They met up at McDonalds and quickly ordered their food, sat down, and began eating.

"So Sakura? What're you doing during the break? I'm guessing you're going home as well." Naruto asked after he finished chewing.

"Actually I'm staying here, my parents are.... Unable to pick me up."

"Oh.." They sat in silence for a while until Naruto spoke again. "If you want you can come over to my house, my parents always throw a big party for thanksgiving and Christmas but on New Years it's usually just us, I'm sure one extra guest this weekend can't hurt."

Sakura stared at him speechless for a second. "Are you sure Naruto? I wouldn't want to get you in trouble.."

"No worries! You're my best friend, always have been no matter how long you were gone, we're basically family! Believe it!"

Sakura stared at him for a moment before she smiled. "Alright then."

-

Sakura looked at her outfit in the mirror, it wasn't too dressy, but not too causal either. Her hair was tied half up-half down, with a small clip holding back some hairs that were too short to be tied up away from her face. She had on a red plaid shirt, black skinny jeans and brown combat boots. Very fallish, and very basic. She had a necklace with a leaf charm on it and silver studs on her ears. Deciding she was ready, she walked out of her dorm and towards the direction of Naruto's house, not forgetting her phone and purse of course.

On her way there she stopped off at a bakery to pick up a pumpkin pie to bring with her, turning up empty handed felt wrong to her. After quickly purchasing the pie, she set off again.

-

Naruto's house was big, his dad was the mayor after all. It wasn't mansion big, but it was big. Their driveway was full of vehicles and every window she looked at emitted a soft, yellow glow. Walking up to the door, she faintly heard the sound of pop music playing in the background, overlapping with loud chatter. She knocked on the door and waited a few seconds, the sound of footsteps was heard before a woman with waist length, red hair opened the door. Sakura stared at the woman in awe for a moment, she was beautiful.

"Oh! Uh- I'm Sakura Haruno, Naruto's friend." The pinkette said quickly.

The woman blinked, before a smile took over her face. "Oh yeah! Naruto told me you were coming, come inside!"

Sakura stepped inside and looked around, their home gave off a very... homey feeling.

"Oh, uh.. miss?"

"I'm Kushina, and you've already told me you're Sakura." Kushina said, giggling a bit.

"Miss Kushina, I brought a pumpkin pie for you and your family." Sakura said, showing her the pie with a cheerful smile.

"That's so sweet of you!" Kushina said, taking the pie. "Hold on a moment, I'll call Naruto."

Sakura nodded as Kushina walked away, a couple seconds later she heard. "NARUTO YOUR FRIEND IS DOWNSTAIRS, STOP EATING RAMEN AND GO SAY 'HELLO'."

"Alright, alright! Don't throw the pie at me!" She heard her blonde friend's voice reply. She giggled a bit, she just came and could already tell that this family was one of a kind.

After a couple more minutes, the familiar face of Naruto Uzumaki appeared infront of her, making her jump. "Jheez Naruto! Don't scare me like that!" She said, holding a hand to her chest.

Naruto only laughed before taking her hand band pulling her further into the house. "C'mon, I want you to meet Kurama!"

-

Kurama was a brown puppy with orange-ish spots, who loved biting people. In fact, the only person she saw Kurama show affection towards was Naruto or his parents. The puppy hadn't attacked her yet, only because she was with Naruto. She found their relationship quite cute, because at times Kurama would jump up on Naruto and attempt to mess up his clothes. He was one mischievous puppy, that was for sure.

The Uzumaki and Namikaze family was big, she couldn't believe that there were still more who couldn't make it. Her own family was large, but compared to this it was smaller than a ladybug. The family was loud, and loved to party. The best part was that they welcomed her with open arms, like she was part of the family. She already found herself thinking of Naruto as her brother, and smirked when she came up with who her sister-in-law should be.

'I recommend the Hyuga girl.' Sasori commented, startling Sakura.

'That's what I was thinking!'

'Great minds think alike.'

'Your mind is tiny compared to mine.'

'That's because I am, in fact, tiny. I'm in your mind after all. It's mindception!'

'Mind... ception..?'

'You wouldn't understand, peasant.'

'Sasori!'
-----------------------------------------
I just realized how long this story is going to be.. wow! I wonder how many readers we'll have when it's finished... 😱. How did ya like this chapter? I hope it was good! I know it was a pretty boring chapter but I promise it'll get better 😭