Halfway There

It was August 1st and things were going smoothly for our dear heroine. She was getting a good amount of money from her job and only had a few things left to buy on her list. Her family went out most of the time, and only Mitsu checked up on her to see how she was doing. Her illness wasn't getting any better but at least it wasn't getting worse. Sakura had decided that today she would go and buy some makeup, she's going into High school so it's normal for her to want to dress up some more.

Using some money for the bus, Sakura sat in the back and looked out the window. She saw as they passed the many forests and meadows, and couldn't help by wonder how Konoha would look. She had about a week and a half there to map out her surroundings and her new school. The school would be opened on August 27th, so she can map out the school then. She would have to look around Konoha on the other days.

Sakura's thoughts drifted to where she should go to buy the makeup she wanted, she only had $50 on her from her past two pay checks, so she couldn't go anywhere too expensive. She settled on going to the drug store, since things were pretty cheap there. The bus stopped at the terminal in the mall, and Sakura got out thanking the driver. Walking in, she headed straight for the drug store and began looking around. She picked up some liquid eye liner that she saw some girls in school had began wearing, some light pink lip stick, since she thought red was too bold for school and a small bottle of perfume that was appearantly rose scented.

After calculating how much it all costs, she realized she still had around $30 to spend. So she walked over to the electronics side and picked out a pair of  black and red earphones. She was slowly saving up to buy herself a phone. Android or Apple, it didn't matter to her as long as she got one. She had $137 saved up, last time she checked on the school's computer, an iPhone 5 costs $450 and a Samsung costs $345. She planned on saving up at least $500 before she went to buy one.

Sakura payed and began walking back outside to the bus terminal. Getting on the bus she saw it was slightly more crowded than last time, so she settled on a seat in the middle. After a while the bus stopped and Sakura saw someone she really didn't want to see come on. Karin, Followed by Mai came onto the bus and winked at every guy their age. When Karin saw Sakura she smirked and walked over to her, a evil glint in her eyes.

Karin and Mai held on to one of the chairs as the bus started moving and glared at Sakura.

"Hey freak, this is our seat! We sit here all the time!" Mai yelled.

"Get off if you don't want us to hurt you." Karin threatened.

Sakur glared back. What was their problem? Did they seriously have to torment her every time they saw her?

'Are their names on the seats or something? Just deck them in the face already!' Sasori told her. He sounded annoyed, Sakura was too.

'I can't, I'll get kicked off the bus and cause a scene.' Sakura replied.

"Hey, did you hear us loser?!" Mai yelled again.

"You can sit with me." Sakura heard a voice say from behind her. She turned around and saw a red haired boy with green-blue eyes, slightly glaring at the two bullies.

"Okay.." Sakura got up, slightly shoving Karin, and sat next to the boy on the seat behind her tormentors.

"Thanks for letting me sit next to you, I'm Sakura." Sakura said.

"I'm Gaara. Why were they bullying you?" The boy she now knew as Gaara asked, slightly glancing at her.

"I don't know. They always do it so I just had to get used to it."

"Have you told your parents?"

"They wouldn't care...."

"Oh... So how old are you?"

"14, you?"

"Me too, what high school are you going to?"

"KA. What about you?"

"Me too, I guess we'll see each other there." Gaara said, now fully turning to her and giving a small smile.

Sakura smiled back, did this make them friends? She hoped it did.

"So do you live here?" Sakura asked.

"No, me and my two older siblings are visiting some family here. You'll get to meet them when school starts." He said.

"Oh cool! So where are you from then?"

"Suna. I'm guessing if those girls know you then you're from here right?" He asked.

"Yep. I'm originally from Konoha though." She replied.

"Well I look forward to seeing you next year Sakura." Gaara said as the bus stopped and he got up.

"Me too, bye Gaara." Sakura said as he walked down the bus aisle, giving her a wave before he stepped off.

-

In front of Sakura, Karin gritted her teeth in anger. That red head was the cutest guy on the bus! How dare Sakura come and play victim so that he would talk to her. He was supposed to think it was funny like all the other kids did when she picked on the pink haired freak, not befriend her! After listening to their conversation, her and Mai decided they would have to find a way to break their friendship in KA, they would have to talk to Ami about this too.

Karin glared at Sakura when the girl got up at her stop. She was going to make sure her life became miserable!

-

'Congrats, you made a friend.' Sasori said when they got home, Sakura was currently packing things away in one of her suitcases.

'I know! He said I'll meet his siblings too, maybe I'll become friends with them as well!' Sakura replied excitedly.

'Just don't become to comfortable with them too soon. You can't trust anyone till you know they won't back stab you like the 'slut squad.'

'I know, I know. At least I'll always have you though.'

She heard Sasori laugh. 'Of course brat. Always.'

Sakura smiled. If she had Sasori, she could deal with anything.
------------------------------------------
Panda-Kun has entered the building! Also I really like Sasori's and Sakura's friendship. So how are y'all?