Summer

Grade 8 graduation, an unnecessary event. What's the point of having a graduation if you're only going to more school after that? Sakura didn't know, and at this point she didn't care. She was still slightly shaken from Karin's threat, even if Sasori tried to calm her down. She let go of the bathroom incident, since after weeks no one came up to her about it.

Her name was called, from a bored voice on stage. Kabuki- sensei was never interested in any of this, he just needed a job. Poor guy. Sakura walked up on stage, and grabbed her diploma that was probably printed in Staples. It was tied in thin streamer, wow, Cheap much? She sat back down and waited another half hour before the ceremony was over. Parents and their kids began meeting up, other parents just left. The school was having a party for the graduating class in the gym till 10:30pm, and everyone was staying except Sakura. She didn't have anyone to celebrate with, so what was the point.

She met her parents outside, who smiled at her for the first time in almost a year, before walking to the car. Mitsu hugged her sister tightly.

"I'm so proud of you nee-chan!" The small girl exclaimed, smiling brightly.

"Thank you, Mitsu. I'm really gonna miss you when I go to Highschool."

At that the small girl's smile fell, she gave a small pout. "Why are you leaving? Why aren't you going to Oto high like everyone else?"

"Because I...." Sakura thought about her answer for a second. "Because I want to go somewhere I'll be happy, and I think KA is the place for me."

Mitsu looked up at her sister, and her smile suddenly lit up her face again. She was so proud of Sakura, she wanted to be just like her one day! "Okay!" She replied.

-

At home, Sakura packed away all her bags and books. She would start packing for Konoha around late August, and would shop for new clothes and school supplies in the early part of summer. Her parents would be taking Mitsu everywhere, so she wouldn't have to worry about asking permission.

'Kid, you should make a list of all the things you need. You know, to keep track.' Sasori suggested.

'Huh, okay!' Sakura replied. She walked over to her desk and took out a paper and pen. Thinking for a while, she thought she would list everything from most to least important.

Summer shopping list:
1. New clothes
2.Utilities (toothbrush, hairbrush etc.)
3. School supplies
4. Accessories cause why not
5. Makeup (eyeliner, lip gloss, etc.)
6. Teddy bear. Cause teddy bears are cute!

Smiling at her list, she pinned it to her wall. She scrutinized her list, by the time she was done buying everything, all the money she had saved up over the years would be finished. If she wanted to survive in Konoha, she need to get a summer job, then she would find another job in Konoha. One problem, who would hire a 13 year old? Fast food restaurant? No. Café down the street? No, the owner is grumpy 24/7. Library? Probably already full. The only other place she could think of was the candy shop in front of her old elementary school. All the kids from there would go with their parents after school to buy a treat.

The couple who ran the shop were very kind. Sakura still went there sometimes, the shop had a pleasant vibe to it. The owners, Kizashi and Mebuki were around her parents' age, and had no children to her knowledge. What she didn't know, is that they had a daughter, who died after being born. Sakura's parents were distant relatives of them as well, and had Sakura the same day they had their child.

Nodding to herself, Sakura decided she would head over to their shop before heading to the mall to start shopping. She could only hope that they hired her. Sakura looked down at herself and realized she was still wearing her dress for graduation, she must have never changed when she got home. She walked to her closet and took out a rack, before she delicately placed the dress on the rack and hung it in her door. She would need to dry clean that. Sakura grabbed her towel and headed to the bathroom, a quick shower before bed always made her feel relaxed.

-

The next day Sakura headed down the road towards the candy shop.

'Are you sure they'll hire you? Your kinda annoying and pretty lazy.' Sasori said.

'Wow your so supportive.' Sakura said rolling her eyes. You could almost taste the sarcasm in her voice.

'I know I am. This whole thing reminds me of some cliché story and you're the super heroine. I'm just waiting for the vampire and the werewolf to jump out and start fighting over you.'

'Haha very funny, now shut up. Not all vampire and werewolf stories are bad.'

'But there's soooooo manyyy.'

And that's how their walk went, fighting over fanfics and stories. The only thing they agreed on was that Twilight sucked.

-

The jingle of bells signalled someone entered the store. Sakura slowly walked in, looking around for any sign of Kizashi or Mebuki. Looking to the back, she saw Mebuki emerging from the back room, carrying a box filled to the brim with sweets.

"Ah, Sakura-chan! How can I help you today dear?" Mebuki asked, putting the box down on the counter.

"Uhm- I came to ask a really important question, if you don't mind." Sakura said, she suddenly felt very nervous.

"Well, what is it?"

"C-can you hire me for a summer job? I really need to save up some money and I don't know how else I can get some!"

Mebuki stared at the girl for a moment, before breaking out into a huge grin. "Of course! We could use the extra hand around here, how long can you work for?"

Sakura was shocked, she never thought they would actually hire her as she was so young. "I'm leaving for Konoha on August 21st, so I guess till August 20th?" She told her.

"Okay then! You can start tomorrow. Come everyday at 11am, Your shift will end at 4pm. How's that?"

"That's perfect! Thank you so much!" Sakura exclaimed and hugged the woman. "I'll see you tomorrow then, bye!"

"Bye dear!" She heard Mebuki say as she left the store.

'Hah! And you thought I couldn't get the job.'

'Shut up.'
-------------------------------------------
Whaaaat 😱 Mebuki and Kizashi aren't her parents?! Lol plot twist. So how's life? Any gossip? Plans on world domination?