Training With Tsunade

Sakura's POV

Today I'm supposed to meet Tsunade-sensei at the hospital, and to be honest I'm getting nervous. Ino had reassured me yesterday that I would do great, but standing outside of the hospital doors really brings back all the butterflies in my stomach, I took a breath as I  walked into the large building and was immediately blasted with the smell of antibiotics. It was a smell I would need to get used to for when I do become a doctor, so I ignored it and continued my walk towards the front desk. As I walked over the elderly lady sitting behind the dark, wooden desk looked up and smiled.

"Hello dear, what can I do for you?" She asked.

"Hello, I'm here to start my training with Tsunade Senju." I replied, returning her smile.

"Ah, you'll find her in room 209. Her friend is there and she won't stop nagging him in how irresponsible he is." She chuckled.

I thanked her and headed towards the elevator, hoping that by the time I got there she wouldn't have left. Much to my luck, the elevator opened up right across from the room she was in. I knocked on the faded blue door and moments later it swung open, revealing my sensei and a man in the hospital bed with long, white hair tied in a ponytail.

"Jiraiya, meet my student, Sakura. Sakura this is a friend of mine, Jiraiya." She said, massaging her temples.

"Oi! You finally a got a student! Thanks for coming kid, you saved me from her constant nagging." Jiraiya greeted me, a large grin on his face, he kind of reminded me of Naruto.

"Oh, uh.." I mumbled before being interrupted by my sensei.

"Ugh, you're impossible!" She then gave an annoyed look to her friend and dragged me out of the room.

"Sorry about him Sakura, he's just an idiot."

"Oh I thought he was kind of funny, he reminds me of one of my friends."

"Hm, is it that blonde boy? What's his name... Ah! Naruto!"

"Yeah-"

"He's Jiraiya's student, they're quite the troublesome duo..."

I was shocked for a moment, before I regained my composure.

"I never knew that! What does he teach Naruto?"

"Hm, something about business and leadership skills."

I was about to reply before she suddenly stopped, causing me to nearly bump into her. I looked up to see a large door labeled 'training facility', before we walked in. Inside was full of tables, medical supplies, training dummies, and even a small library.

"Welcome to your first day of training Sakura, before you can get any hands on experience, you have to study. I'll give you some books and worksheets to start, alright?"

"Got it."

-

I groaned as in slumped in my seat, I still had 3 more books to get through and half a stack of worksheets. Tsunade had told me to bring a notebook next time so I could take notes, which means I'll be taking an extra stop on the bus while going back to the dorms. I looked at the table full of books again before taking a breath and starting on a new worksheet, determination filling me once again. If I want my dream to come true I need to work for it.

I had been working for over 2 hours now and had finally finished all the work Tsunade had assigned me, much to my pleasure. However she wasn't done yet, as she had assigned me homework... Wonderful.

"Hey, you wanted to be a doctor! This is what every doctor had to do, think of it as early med school." Sasori attempted to comfort me.

"That's easy for you to say, since you're not doing the work." I replied while stepping into the bus.

"You seem kind of crabby, you're probably tired... Or it's that time of the month..." If he wasn't in my head I would've killed him already.

"Shut it you- you fish!"

-

As I got into the dorm building I immediately felt myself warming up, it was getting really chilly outside. Time was flying by really quickly for me, I could barely believe it was almost Halloween, then Thanksgiving and finally Christmas! Although I'm going trick or treating with the girls, I probably will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with Sasori in my dorm. My parents always go to my grandparents house with us for those occasions, and it's a 3 hour road trip. They couldn't possibly pick me up at school and then get to my grandparents house on time, and I wasn't gonna ask them either. I miss my parents and sister dearly, but I can't make them go trough all of that.

I sighed as I walked into my dorm room and sat on my bed, maybe one of my friends would be staying behind as well.

-

The next day I woke up in one of my usual coughing fits, much to my annoyance. It was just getting on my nerves now, I can't run too much in gym, or stay outside too much in the cold. If I don't take my pills I'll end up running out of class to the bathroom to cough the blood out, and when I run out of pills I have to skip a day to wait for them to be delivered. Although all my teachers and Tsunade understand, I know it's not good to be skipping days every month or less. What if that happens on an exam day? I'll most definitely fail that day of exams, just thinking about it made be start to panic.

"Calm down brat, just ask Tsunade if she'll sign as your guardian on the order forms so you can get your medicine earlier."

"Oh! That's smart, I'll ask her on Monday then. Thanks Sasori-nii!"

"N-nii?!"

"Well you're basically like the brother I wish I had, so is that okay?"

"It's perfectly fine Sak."

----------------------------------------
OH MAH GAWD CHRISTMAS IS IN THREE DAYS AND IM NOT ANY WHERE CLOSE TO THE CHRISTMAS CHAPTER ON THIS RIP :,( oh well, I'll probably post it sometime during the winter break. I'm sorry >.<