Sick

Sakura put a hand to her mouth and ran to the bathroom, where she proceeded to cough loudly and violently. Blood dripped down her hand and into the sink. Suddenly her father burst into the bathroom, her loud coughing had woken him up and he came to see if she was alright. His face changed from confusion to shock and then horror.

Sakura finished coughing and looked up at her father, she felt woozy, like she would pass out any second.

"Sakura we need to go to the hospital!" Her father said, worry evident in his voice.

Sakura slightly nodded, before passing out, only to be caught by her father. Her mother rushed into the bathroom, and stared in shock at the blood splattered sink. She looked to her husband, to see Sakura in his arms, a drying trail of blood coming from the corner of her lips.

"I'm going to wake up Mitsu, put her in the car, we have to get to the hospital quick!" Her mother said in a frantic tone. Her father nodded and put Sakura in the back seat, a couple seconds later, her mother came out, holding a sleeping Mitsu.

They rushed to the hospital, at a speed that should've gotten them a speeding ticket.

-

Sakura awoke in a beautiful meadow, fresh, green grass stretched for miles and flowers were littered around here and there. A cherry blossom tree sat in the middle, it's petals blowing in the wind. Sakura got up from the ground, and walked towards it. There she saw a figure, but no matter how close she was, she couldn't see who it was clearly.

"Hey, kid."

Sakura was startled, the figure spoke, and his voice sounded like... Inner's.

"I- inner?"

"Yeah, that's me." He replied, sounding amused.

"Why can't I see you?"

"You will one day, but not now, actually it's time for you to wake up."

"Wait! Inne-"

Suddenly a bright light engulfed her, the last thing she saw was shaggy, red hair that she could only guess was inner's...

-

Sakura's POV

I woke up on a white bed. I looked around and only saw white, it smelled highly of antiseptic. My only guess was I was in was in a hospital. I looked to my left and saw my mom and dad asleep on some chairs, Mitsu was on my dad's lap.

'What time is it?' I thought.

Suddenly the door opened, a man with silver hair and glasses walked in. When he saw I was awake he looked shocked, but then his eyes softened and he looked at me with slight pity. I wonder why.

"Mr and Mrs. Haruno, wake up please." He said shaking their shoulders. My dad woke up first, then my mother.

My dad yawned and looked my way. His eyes widened a bit, then he looked at the doctor in worry.

"Is she ok? Why was she coughing up blood?"

'Blood...?'

'Yes, blood. You woke up and started coughing up blood, remember?' Inner said.

'Oh.. Right.'

The doctor sighed, he looked at his clipboard and then looked back to my parents.

"I'm Doctor Kabuto, after some research I have come to the conclusion that your daughter has a disease called Bronchiectasis."

"What's that?" My mother asked, confusion written across her face. I just sat there, waiting to hear what was wrong with me. I was scared, not gonna lie, what if I was dying? Oh no, I refuse to die. It will just make the slut squad happy, and they're the last people I want to see happy.

"Well, it's a disease where the large airways in the lungs become damaged in some way, causing the airways to become wider, there are medications to help this disease, but she will have to live with it her whole life. It's not very fun."

"Is there anyway to get rid of this disease?!" My mom looked pale, like she just saw a ghost.

"There is a surgery, but it's very expensive."

I stared at the doctor. I have to live with this? My family is a middle class family, we only have enough money to pay the bills and buy necessities and other small things like take-out food and toys. There was no way we could afford the surgery if it's very expensive.

"Can you tell us the price?" My father asked.

"Yes, the medications are $20, you have to get a refill every month. The surgery is.... $10,000."

My mom looked faint and my dad's eyes were bulging out of his head! I was in shock. How can surgeries be so expensive?!

"I-I see..." My dad said looking at my mom, I had to speak up, I wasn't going to let them spend almost all of the money we have on me.

"Mom, dad I'll take the medications..."

My parents looked at me, and my dad sighed.

"Alright, Sakura..."

Doctor Kabuto nodded and left the room, probably to bring the medicine. My parents then looked at me with worry and sadness. They cared... I wonder how long it would last...

----------------------------------------
Poor Saku. Now she has to deal with the bullying and this! Also who's her Inner? 😉 please share and comment what you think! Byee