Frog Fiasco

Sakura huffed as she sat down next to Shino, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"It seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Shino commented, his usual monotone voice held amusement in it.

"Shush." She replied, leaning her head on the desk.

Shino simply raised an eyebrow at the cranky girl before facing the front of the class. Their teacher walked in and spoke one sentence that ruined Sakura's morning for sure.

"Good morning class, today we're dissecting frogs."

"Oh hell no." Sakura groaned, she swore she heard Shino snicker.

-

Krul laughed as she watched Sakura miserably put on a pair of plastic gloves and pick up a scalpel, standing next to her friend. Although she should be taunting her at the moment to add to the girl's misery, Krul somehow felt like  the frogs were enough. Instead, she opted to go check on her little acquaintance, Sasori. He was still in his cage, though less bored now that Krul's visits have increased.

"Hello, my little prisoner." Krul spoke.

Sasori rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure you're the little one, thank you very much."

"I'm pretty sure you're still thirteen here, and I'm fourteen." Krul raised an eyebrow.

Sasori stood up, walking to the bars of the cage. "I'm taller than you though."

Krul rolled her eyes, a slight pout decorated her face.

-

Back with Sakura, shrieks were echoing through the classroom as the students began their experiments on their frog friends. The creatures gave off a foul smell that made Sakura gag and Shino step back a bit every couple of minutes to take a breath of fresher air. The two had partnered up, being the most comfortable with each other. Although she wanted to be a doctor, Sakura couldn't find it in herself to cut open the dead, slimy body of the frog. The thought of touching it, even with her gloved hands, disgusted her.

It would be a completely different story if the frog was alive and they didn't have to dissect it, however. Shino got to work on the poor amphibian while Sakura took down notes and drew little sketches of her observations, they finished their work quickly, not wanting to stay near the frog for any longer. They walked back over to their desks after cleaning up their work station, notes in hand.

"So, what do we do now?" Sakura asks, staring at the usually silent boy.

"Relax." Was all he said, leaning back. With his shades in the way, Sakura couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not.

She simply shrugged it off and lay in her desk, deciding that they could do their lab report tomorrow.

-

"Got any twos?" Krul asked, sitting across from Sasori.

"No, do you have any aces?" Sasori asked, watching as Krul picked a card from her deck.

"Yeah," she sighed "you're winning again!"

"Where did you even get these cards anyways?" Sasori asked.

"It's a mind landscape, I just had to imagine that they were there and 'poof'! There they were." She explained.

"Oh..." Sasori muttered, wondering why he hadn't figured that out earlier.

When he first met Krul, he would have never though he'd be sitting inside a cage a playing cards with her. In fact, he disliked the little demon very much. She reminded him too much of Sakura, but at the same time she didn't. Sasori didn't know one thing about Krul, other than her back story. He didn't know her motives and he couldn't read her emotions. She was almost a blank canvas, and that scared him.

Krul stretched her arms, letting out a yawn. "It's funny, we don't need to sleep but we still yawn and feel sleepy." She said, a small bit of bitterness in her voice.

"I guess it's to make us feel more.... alive." Sasori guessed.

"Tch, it's like mocking us.." Krul mumbled, beginning to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Sasori called out.

"To the tree, I feel like bothering Sakura." Krul called back, however she didn't say a word to the pinkette throughout the rest of the day.

----------------------------------------

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG AND THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT UGHHH

I'm so sorry! I've had serious writers block for this story and my other one, Love is Friendship. Please don't hate me :,)

WE GOT 6K READS BTW OMG ETYJVWAEGGSEH