Deal With The Devil

Warning

This chapter contains suicide and suicidal thoughts, read at your own risk.
------------------------------------------

A pink haired girl watched as the rest of the lost souls got picked off, one by one. There weren't many of them, about ten at the most. Her and Sasori were part of them, each wanting a chance at life again. She didn't know how much time had gone by, but soon it was just her and the red haired boy. He couldn't see her, in fact she was the only one who could see that there were other people like her. Every couple of months, a god would come and take one of the souls. The pinkette didn't know where he took them, she just knew that it was most likely better than here. The vast expanse of plain white had begun to make her red eyes hurt, and the silence was killing her.

The God had appeared again, this time he took the red haired boy. She didn't know how long it was just her, but when the God came back she was met with a surprise.

"Save this girl," he said. "And you will be able to go back to your body."

She graciously accepted the task, unaware of the harshness she would face. The girl she needed to help was named Yuki Shi, a teen who has been bullied since she started school. The bullying had gone so far that the young adult was contemplating suicide, which scared Krul.

"Please don't!" Krul said, she was shaking. The girls mind landscape was dark and cold, she definitely did not enjoy it there.

The girl tried to listen to the little voice in her head, it was so soft spoken and pure. It gave the teen hope, that maybe that little voice cared for her. Krul tried her best with the girl, encouraging her, consoling her when things got rough. The pinkette soon began to feel attached to the teen, like the girl was her older sibling. Krul stayed in her mind for two years, and now Yuki was in 11th grade. The teen was getting better, with the help of the pinkette of course. Her mind landscape was beginning to look brighter, small flowers had begun blossoming from the ground and the dried grass began to grow again. Everything was great, but it wouldn't last for long. Krul looked up one day to see nothing, Yuki's mind landscape was just dark.

"Yuki-chan?!" Krul called frantically, What if something happened to her?

"I'm so, so sorry Krul. I can't take it any longer, the words hurt, the beatings hurt, everything hurts." The girl's voice echoed through the darkness.

Krul wanted to say something again, but she blinked and was back to a familiar place she never wanted to go to again. The vast expanse of white hurt her eyes as she stared up at the god, noticing the sad look on his face.

"Where's Yuki-chan?" Krul asked, tilting her head to the side.

"I'm sorry Krul, Yuki is gone." He said.

"Gone where? Is she coming back?" Krul began to feel frightened.

"Krul, I know you know what I mean.." he said.

Krul screamed, Yuki was dead. Tears streamed down her face like a waterfall, and a sudden thought passed through her head.

"What about my body?! Will I be able to see my family again?" She asked, desperately.

The god shook his head, looking down at the poor girl. "After you failed your task, your body collapsed. I admit, your task was harder than the others. Yuki was already so deep into the darkness, I was surprised you got that far with her."

Krul's body began to shake, she was officially dead. "What's going to happen to me now?"

"You'll go to heaven or hell." The god spoke, but that's not what Krul wanted.

"No! I don't want to die!" She shouted, backing away.

The god stared at the girl and shook his head, he's dealt with this before. "I'll give you some time to think Krul, I'll be back soon." He said, and then he disappeared.

Krul fell to the ground, sobbing. Yuki was gone, her family probably thought she was dead by now and some god was coming to take her away. She didn't want that, she wanted to live. Now, this is where things get interesting. A cold chill ran down Krul's back as someone appeared in front of her, flames danced around the figure.

"Hello child." It said.

Krul looked up at the figure, standing to her feet instantly. "Who're you? Listen, I'm not going to heaven or hell so leave me alone! I just want to be alive!"

The figure chuckled. "Now now, I'm not here to take you away."

Krul looked at it, confused. "I'm here to make a deal." It said.

"Well, what's the deal?" The pinkette asked impatiently, sniffing slightly from her breakdown.

"I'm very powerful in my world, you could say I'm the king. If you complete the task I give you, I'll give you your life back." It said.

Krul's face lit up. "What's the task?"

"In order for you to get your life back, you'll need a body, since yours is supposedly dead. The easiest way to obtain one is to replace one of the lost souls, and get whoever they're helping to commit suicide. When they do, I'll help you posses their body."

The smile that Krul once wore, fell. Wasn't her last task to stop someone from doing that? This thing wasn't a god, no god would ever do this. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that." She said.

"Oh, but it won't be you doing it."

"What do you mea--" Krul was cut of as black smoke began to surround her.

Krul's eyes dulled, the sparkle in them vanished. Her brightly coloured dress turned into a black one and her once positive attitude became cruel, this was no longer Krul.

"Humans, they're so stupid. The minute she asked about the deal, she agreed to it. Now look at her, she's my little minion." The figure said.

The smoke cleared to reveal the new Krul, one who could care less about her old friend Yuki or her family mourning her 'death'. All she cared about was living again, and nothing would get in her way.

"Now then, Krul." The figure started. " I'm sure you'd want a body like your old one, so I've chosen Sakura Haruno as your victim."

Krul nodded, and with a flick of his hand she was gone. The figure chuckled, a dark grin spreading across it's hidden face. Krul was officially the devil's minion, looks like his everlasting boredom would come to an end for a while.
--------------------------------------------

I tried making graphics :3 if you know what the picture's supposed to be then congratulations!

Anyways, as you can tell that was Krul's  backstory.

Did this chapter change the way you think of Krul?

What do you think about her task? Do you think she'll do it? Or will she fail?

Thanks for reading! :)