Cafeteria Mess

Sakura sighed as she looked at the text she just received from Ami, informing her that the purple haired girl was sick and not going to school. Sending her a 'get well soon', Sakura shouldered her bag and walked out of her dorm. While she walked towards the school it finally hit her, today would be the first day she would go to school without the comfort of knowing Ami would warn her about Karin's schemes. Groaning, Sakura could only hope that Karin had nothing planned for today. Looking up she realized she made it all the way to her class without noticing, she couldn't believe she was spacing out for so long. Shrugging, she walked in and sat on her desk.

Her classes went by uneventfully and it was finally lunch, Sakura was starving. Temari had texted her during class transitions to meet her and the rest of their friends outside after she got her lunch, since it was unusually warm today. Walking to the cafeteria, she greeted her old friends as she passed them and headed to the line. After picking up her meal made up of a hamburger and a bottle of water, she was about to walk out of the cafeteria when a hand grabbed her wrist. Turning around she met the gaze of none other than Karin Izumi, who had an evil glint in her red eyes. Taking a deep breath Sakura greeted the girl.

"Hey Karin! What the f*ck do you want?" She asked with a closed eyed smile. Karin widened her eyes, she's never heard Sakura swear before.

"That's no way to talk to a superior." She replied, anger building up.

"Listen, I'm not in the mood to deal with you today." Sakura said. She was about to turn away when Karin pushed her.

She was about to regain her balance when someone tripped her, making the pinkette drop her lunch. Karin and now Mai began dumping their lunches all over the poor girl, before they began kicking her.

"How dare you speak to me like that?!" Karin shouted.

"And how dare you make Sasuke-kun ignore Karin?!" Mai followed.

Wait what? Was this what they were beating her up for? How was it her fault he was ignoring her?! It was probably because of that dumb post she put up, calling Sakura ugly. Sakura was more than angry now, she hated being blamed for something she didn't do. She was about to get up when she realized something, she couldn't fight back. Karin and Mai had money, they could easily pay their way back into KA if they got kicked out, but if Sakura were to be kicked out there was no way she could get back in. By now a crowd had formed around the girls, all of them screaming 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'. Sakura wasn't going to let them beat her up just like that though, so with all the commotion she jumped up and ran out of the cafeteria. Sadly Karin wasn't going to let her get away, along with Mai she ran after the pinkette.

Naruto and the rest stared at the doors before they hurried out as well, no one hurts their friends. Even if they haven't seen that friend in years.

-

Karin caught up with Sakura down the hall, which was inconveniently outside of the principle's office. Shrugging, Karin began to back Sakura into a corner so she had no chance of escaping. Sakura's back hit the wall and as soon as it did, Karin threw a hard punch to the girl's stomach. Sakura hissed at the pain, and immediately knew this wasn't good for her medical condition. Mai threw a slap to the girls cheek, forming a cut with her ring that soon began to bleed. Karin threw a punch to her face which busted Sakura's lip, then pulled on the girl's hair. Mai grinned and pulled out some classroom scissors that she must've taken from her art class, the brown haired girl began walking toward Sakura.

Sakura however, could care less about her hair. She was worried about her illness, this beating could really damage her. She hadn't stopped struggling against Karin's grip, yet before Mai could make it to Sakura a figure stood in between the two. Looking up Sakura spotted none other than Sasuke Uchiha, and a little bit farther stood the rest of her friends including the sand siblings and Sai.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sasuke asked, his voice dark.

Tenten and Ino came up to Karin and sent her a glare that could make hell freeze over, causing the red head to let go of Sakura's hair. Ino helped Sakura up and gave her a concerned look, pointing to her throat as if asking about her condition. Sakura gave a thumbs up and a smile, signalling she was okay. Right then the principle's door opened and out stepped Tsunade, who looked at the kids in confusion. When she spotted Sakura her eyes widened, before she looked at the rest of the kids.

"All of you, in my office NOW!" She yelled. Everyone hurriedly complied.

-

Sakura sat in one of the two chairs in front of Tsunade's desk, next to her sat Karin. The rest of her friends and Mai were outside waiting to be questioned by Tsunade herself or Shizune,who surprisingly was the vice principle. Guess she wasn't the secretary after all.

"Now, Karin please tell me why you were beating up Sakura." Tsunade said, resting her chin on her hands.

"W-what why would you think that?! She beat me up, well she tried to! It was personal defence! I-" Karin continued rambling on with her pathetic sob story while Sakura found it hard to hold in her laughter, she cursed Sasori who was able to laugh to his heart's content in her mind.

Tsunade looked to Sakura, and had a curious glint in her eyes. "Sakura, I'm very disappointed in you." The blonde woman said, Sakura widened her eyes.

"Wait, but-" Sakura started.

"No excuses! You tried to attack karin and she defended herself, then she was later defended by Mai and the rest outside."

"She doesn't have a scratch on her!"

"I'm sor-" Tsunade was cut off by Sakura, who had now stood up and slammed her hands on to the desk.

"NO! I didn't do anything to her and you can check the security cameras in the halls for proof! Heck, you can ask all the kids in the cafeteria for proof! I refuse to just take the blame for something she did to me!" The pinkette finished her small rant with a huff and sat down again.

"Good job, I certainly picked the right person to be my disciple." Tsunade smirked.

"What?" Sakura and Karin both said, equally confused.

"I just wanted to give you a little test Sakura, anyways on to more important matters. Sadly Karin's father sponsors the school so I can't expel her, however I can give her two months of detention. Mai as well, as for your friends they can go free." Tsunade smiled. Karin tried to protest but was quickly quieted by the blonde's glare, Sakura grinned and thanked her teacher before leaving the room.

-

"Sakuraaaaaa-chaaaaan!" Naruto bellowed as Sakura came out of the office, still covered in bruises and cuts.

"Mai, the principle wants to see you." Sakura said sweetly, stepping aside to let the brunette through. Mai gave her a glare, before turning and entering the office.

"Are you okay Sak?" Kankuro asked with concerned eyes, Sakura nodded.

"It could've been worse."

Suddenly Shizune came out of her office, and widened her eyes at Sakura's state.
--------------------------------------------
Ello! Sorry if this chapter was boring 😅 I'm planning on making individual chapters for each of Sakura's friends so you can see how their relationship is with one another, they'll probably be short but oh well.