Finally Invisible

Sakura's POV

It's been about 8 months since the 'incident' and things have quieted down. My parents forgot about me again after the 3 month mark, but Mitsu never forgot. You see, she found me in the bathroom one day coughing over the sink, and it's been engraved in her mind since. Now she always asks if I'm ok, sometimes when it's really rough, she stays by my side, refusing to leave. You don't understand how grateful I am for that.

Things in school have quieted down too. I'm invisible. It's way better than the bullying that's for sure. It has a lot of perks too, the teachers never ask me to answer questions, although it gets annoying when I have to take a handout or a test from the pile myself. It seems the slut squad forgot about me too, thank god. I'm turning 14 next month, and I can't say I'm not excited. Mitsu turned 8 last November, and as usual we had a huge party for her.

I sent in my application for KA (Konoha Academy) yesterday, and I put a weeks worth of effort into that, so I better get in. I haven't gotten much closer to figuring out anything new about inner, other than he has red hair. He said the second letter in his name is an 'a' and I had told him that didn't help much. He could be named 'Sakura' too for all I know!

'Shut it, brat. You'll figure it out sooner or later.' Inner sassed.

'Whatever.' I replied.

After our little conversation I began trying to pay attention to the math lesson, but having a seat in the back, by the window, and having an amazing view doesn't help at all. Good thing no one pays attention to me anymore, or else I would be in huge trouble for ignoring the teacher.

The view outside was beautiful, our school has a little field outside with trees scattered around for shade. Kids usually go there during lunch. There's one tree in the back that I usually go to, since no one else does. It's easy to climb too! It was cloudy today, but little specks of sunlight danced around here and there, making the field look more magical than it really was.

I was awoken from my inner rambles by the annoying sound of the school bell. One more class to go before the end of the day. I had art next, and it was my favourite subject. I some how became fond of art, it lets me express everything I feel on a paper, and no one would suspect a thing about my true emotions. Today we were painting, and we had to paint using dark colours only. I had no idea what to paint, but my mind drifted back to the field, with the dark clouds and forest green grass. I smiled and took a paintbrush, I had the perfect idea.

-

I got home and I was greeted by silence. I'm guessing my family went out again somewhere. It didn't bother me anymore, it actually became quite normal. I walked upstairs and placed my bag in my room, I then walked to the bathroom to take my pills. I haven't coughed up blood for three days now, so I won't be surprised if I do sometime today or tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't happen at school. And if it does I hope it at least happens when no one is around.

The medications have helped my coughing become less violent and less frequent. They're also helping to repair my lungs. But that could take my entire life. I shrugged it off, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it hurt. A lot. I walked back to my room and started my homework, as I did a picture caught my eye. It was a picture of me and my old friends. I smiled at it, I'll go back one day, and I'll see them again.

Although I said I wanted them to come up to me, as petty as that is, I'm really hoping they do. It would break me to know they forgot about me, it would probably feel worse than being bullied. So far my only hope is resting on them and Mitsu, as much as I like being invisible, I know it isn't healthy. I have slowly realized how closed off I've become, like I've built walls so high, not even my parents could break them down. But for some reason it seems Mitsu can easily smash those walls to pieces, and I have a feeling they could too.

As I finished up my homework I heard the door unlock, and small feet running upstairs. Mitsu opened my door and jumped on me, giving me a suffocating hug. I laughed and hugged her back, she was adorable, really.

"Nee-chan how was school?" She asked excitedly.

"Boring as usual, what about you?"

"It was great! We learned about the life cycle of a butterfly, it was so cool!"

"That's great Mitsu." I said smiling at her. I looked at the clock and it read 7:23pm. I wasn't that hungry so I told Mitsu to go eat dinner, and that I already ate. I admit, I still felt pretty bitter about all the things everyone said about me last year, their words pop into my mind, but less frequently than they did when it had just started. That's why I skip dinner sometimes.

'she's so fat.'

It happens sometimes, but don't worry, I still eat. Nothing's been the same with me since then though. Even inner worries about me sometimes, Mitsu will too, soon enough. She's not stupid, she'll be able to tell when I'm skipping dinner for no reason, eventually. I sighed, my life is so complicated, yet it's not. I overthink too much, that's it.

Well I might as well go to sleep, a few extra hours can't hurt.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Oh look it's another chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Also check out my new book 'Paper Streets'. I came up with it at 3am 😉 is anyone getting close to figuring out who inner is? Comment your guesses and share pls!