5. Stranger

--------------------------8899----------

I watched her from a safe distance, walking down the ruined pavement. I had been following her for a while now, seeing what she would get up to- it was rather futile. She just walked and walked without rest. Did she know where she was going? Didn't really look like it. I was wandering aimlessly when I came upon her, passing through the streets with, it looked like, no idea where she was.

Suddenly, a soft, melodious voice filled my 'ears'. Turning my head to her again, I saw that she was... singing? In a place like this? Despite my questions, I enjoyed it nevertheless. She had an interestingly captivating voice for such a frail girl.

And then, as if someone had pressed pause, she stopped. Her walking and her singing ended abruptly. I raised a brow, folding my arms in curiosity. Standing at this distance, I saw her breathing become faster and faster and she stumbled, as my amber eye flickered absentmindedly. I stood by, watching her grasp onto the wall beside her, having what seemed like a panic attack. A smirk played on my mouth, watching with interest, wondering what was happening to the girl.

And then, she collapsed.

Looking around cautiously I walked to her side. She really had fainted. I picked her up gently *bridal style*, chuckling softly, despite who she was.

"Ah dove, what have you got yourself into now..."

--------8876------------009G!----------

Y/n P.O.V

--------------99---------8-------

I woke up in a darkly lit room. Remembering what previously happened, I shot up, only to receive a harsh banging in my head.

"Aghh.." I grimaced, pain coursing through my head. Last I remember, I fainted? Now I was in a random room?

I looked around, my sight finally clearing up, contrary to my mind bursting with questions. I lay in a hard metal bed with a worn grey blanket thrown carelessly over my body. The room was small, quite vacant too, save the bed and a table across the floor. My black bag sat by the bed. It looked like someone had rummaged through it, however after checking, nothing had been taken... apart from the photo! Why was it gone? Where had it gone? Struggling to inhale, I desperately heaved my body to get out of the bed, as it clanged and screeched to my movement. Frustrated at my lack of ability to move, looking down I found my hands were chained to the wall beside me. Great. I cursed under my breath, looking around for a solution.

My chest heaved up and down, as my eyes began to blur. I couldn't lose the picture, the only thing I had left of them. Where could it be? Who took it? It became harder and harder to make any sense of anything, as all my thoughts were adamantly swallowed by the memories of the precious people in that photo.

How I missed them, my family. Of course I didn't have many friends, as they didn't like my positive opinion of the monsters, so I could only look forward to going home after school. I rarely got beaten up, only taunted and teased with words. If you think about it, I was better off than most. But it still hurt, the things they said, how they laughed without a care in the world.

"Scum.."

"You should be beaten just like the monsters.."

I felt someone staring at me again, and this time, I was surprisingly correct. My head turned immediately, aching from the fall. As I blinked away the dizziness, there I saw a rusted metal door. A lean figure stood casually against the wall; the shadows didn't allow me to see the person's face, but a single amber, fiery eye stood out from the coarse darkness, telling me that whoever this was, wasn't typically human. How long had they been there?

The person chuckled quietly, filling the painful silence with a surprisingly warm and mellow sound.

"Finally, you're awake." the deep voice drawled, arising straight from the figure by the door.

"Who are you?" I demanded, despite my cheeks being slightly damp from tears. The amber eye continued to stare at me, making it harder to break eye contact.

"Names G. What's your name, dove?" He replied calmly. Nicknames! Not a big fan.

"Y/n.." I spoke cautiously.

"Y/n.. Nice name." He said, as I rolled my eyes, despite my cheeks flushing slightly.

Finally he came into sight, leaving the shadows. A tall skeleton monster stood before me, wearing a black jacket with dragon skull patches on the shoulders, and with a fluffy hood. He also wore black jeans and some black combat boots, with a white, but slightly dirty, turtle-neck. What intrigued me the most was his face. He wore a cheeky grin, and his amber eye had now faded to normal white pupils. He also had two cracks in his skull, one reaching from his right eye up to the top of his head, and another from his right eye down to just above his mouth.

"It's rude to stare darlin." he spoke, quirking a brow-bone and stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

"Well you've done your fair share." I retaliated, forgetting who had the control here (not me if you're confused).

"That's true. Ya' got me there dove." He said continuing to grin a pearly white smile, lighting up his entire face.

"I know, I know, I'm handsome." Self-centred much?

"Only the best people are doll." he winked, confusing me all the more. 

Then it came to me- he could read minds. Of course he could.

"I sure can sweetheart! Only when I'm feeling up to it." 'G' chuckled at my response. Well great.

"What happened? Where am I?! Why am I chained up?! Where's my photo?! Let me go now!" I questioned, my voice rising dramatically.

"Woah, dove one at a time! You fainted, I decided to pick ya up, seems as if someone else found you, they'd probably kill you. You're at my place, and you're chained up cos, ya know, don't want you runnin' away huh? As for the photo, I'm...studying it." He answered, only confusing me all the more. I processed the information, forming yet another question in my mind (surprise surprise).

"You didn't say anything about letting me go." I snapped, looking into his black eyes. He stared at me, his eyes hardening at my words. G's expression was unreadable, as different emotions made their way across his face, before he spoke again.

"That, my girl, is none of your business, cos you're not leaving anytime soon." 'G' winked again, sending me into another round of curses in his *general direction*, and heat flew to my face involuntarily.

"Be seeing ya." He grinned, almost maliciously, interrupting the awkward silence and a string of swears ready to burst out of my mouth at any second.

And then, he snapped his fingers, and simply, disappeared.

Just like that.

------------6778------333-----------122------G228----------//-------

Hope you guys enjoyed! <3