40. Friends In New Places

Y/n
-----------98---------

"Mettaton BACK OFF." G raised his voice whilst I quivered like a leaf under Mettaton's thick metal body.

Recap: I was pinned against a wall thanks to my new buddy, Metta-to-the-ton!

"METTATON THIS IS OUR FRIEND! NOW WILL YOU PLEASE STOP BRUISING HER?!" Papyrus pleaded in a louder than usual voice. I could indeed feel his heavy arms pushing into my own. It would definitely give up some bruises later.

"Mettaton..." G growled once more, and I squeezed my eyes shut, fearing the worst.

So THIS was the Mettaton they were talking about earlier.

I did not expect him to be a robot, neither a psychopathic one, but hey, monsters and humans haven't had the greatest past together have they?

Finally, I felt the pressure from my arms push off, and his shadow was gone.

As I slowly opened my eyes, Mettaton scowled with his robotic features (I have questions), and outstretched his hand. By this point G had a firm grasp on my own and was having a glaring contest with the robot in front of us.

"My name is Mettaton, darling! And who might you be?" he spoke in his electronic but exuberant voice, like nothing at all had happened which may or may not have scarred me for life.

That's a stretch but still.

"I-I'm Y/n.." I cringed at my shaky and croaky voice, and gave myself a slap. Not a physical one, otherwise that would have looked incredibly strange in front of all these new people.

I must have looked like an absolute wet lettuce, but boy I was determined to change that.

With new found motivation, I coughed before attempting an introduction again: "I'm Y/n, it's great to meet you all." I smiled, even though it was half-hearted. I felt G relax slightly beside me, and I looked on at the other monsters making their way forward. Two goat type creatures came forward with serene smiles on their faces.

"Hello my child, it is wonderful to meet you. I am Toriel, and this is Asgore." the female goat (not sure if that's offensive or not but we shall continue) introduced, referencing herself and the obviously male goat beside her. Quickly ignoring the thump of my heart when she gave the familiar, comforting address, I smiled at her taking in her full profile. She wore a long purple dress with some sort of emblem on the front; I had seen that emblem around recently, so it must have had something to do with the monster kind. Asgore shook my hand gently, all whilst smiling.

Asgore... Wait, Asgore?

The King Of The Monsters?

The realisation must have been prominent on my face as Asgore chuckled throatily, his golden beard shaking with his laughter.

"Do not worry, Y/n. There is no need for formalities." he reassured, stopping my curtsy in motion. Sighing with relief, I grinned- properly this time. I was genuinely glad to meet them, and I was also extremely happy I didn't die. There was the exception of Mettaton, but I was going to have to meet him someway or another. Besides, that death would have been glamorous!

There was still one person standing at the back of the room, leaning against the white/beige walls. With a shadowed face I couldn't make out their features, but it seemed I was too late as they briskly walked out of the room, via a door at the back.

"T-That's Undyne. S-she doesn't r-r-really like humans, so... You can m-meet her later." Alphys finished with a sigh. Her spirits seemed downed by Undyne's rejection of meeting me, (for the second time, mind you) obviously unknowing to the meeting we had had all those weeks ago.

"I look forward to it." I encouraged quietly, as a small smile crossed her face. If I couldn't reassure myself in meeting Undyne, again, then I could at least reassure Alphys.

---------------------

"I am sorry to hear how hard the war has been on you, Y/n." Asgore sighed, placing his large hands behind his back as we walked across the grounds.

"It is quite alright. But without G, and Papyrus, I probably would have died, so I have them to thank for that." I smiled to myself, walking at a slow pace to match Asgore's.

"You know, if it was possible, I would have tried to stop the war. But, I think it would have been inevitable in the end." he concluded, a mournful emotion flickering in his eyes.

"Everything happens for a reason I suppose."

"Indeed. I look forward to a future where humans and monsters live together, peacefully, but it seems as if that will never happen at present." Asgore scratched his face, grimacing at his words. I couldn't help but agree with him, but it never hurt anyone to hope, no?

"I think we can only hope for the best." I sighed.

"Yes," he spoke, nodding, "Wise words indeed."

A loud voice interrupted the lengthy conversation, as we came to a halt in front of yet another large building.

"HUMAN! THIS IS THE TRAINING FACILITY WE HAVE BEEN USING EVER SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WAR! HERE WE SHALL HOPEFULLY SEE UNDYNE!"

I shuddered slightly, hearing the name, but put on a courageous face. If I wanted to make friends with the monster kind, then Undyne was a huge obstacle that I would need to overcome.

If I wasn't doing it for myself, then I was doing it for Papyrus, Alphys, and even G.

----------877----------989898-------664----.;-----/-----0011000101

Hope y'all enjoyed! Sorry that it's been a while, but you know how the schedule is!

There isn't one.

:)