17. Fragile

Y/n P.O.V

-----------------------88---------

After the fiasco that was Papyrus' wild imagination and a cliff hanger on the unknown identity of 'Undyne', G swiftly left me in my new room to get ready for the day (still blushing mind you). I quickly forgot about the embarrassing situation earlier, as several questions floated around in my head, concerning this 'Undyne' person. Hopefully they were nice, but from the way G reacted, it didn't sound very good. For me, at least.

After getting dressed into some simple clothes, I jogged downstairs, hearing the low hum of voices.

"What are we gonna do about Y/n? What are we gonna do Pap? She can't go so soon, I can't..." G's frantic voice rose and trailed off from inside the kitchen. His nervous voice only fed my own anxieties, as the voices continued to the drum of my thumping heart.

"I AM NOT SURE YET SANS... I DON'T WISH FOR Y/N TO GO, SHE IS VERY NICE." my heart couldn't help but warm at the compliment, but it was soon drowned out by my clashing anxiety. I knew for a fact I didn't want to leave, I couldn't, I wouldn't.  It definitely contrasted with my attitude at the beginning, a week and a half ago. 

What could I do? I couldn't fight, I wouldn't have the bravery to hurt someone, let alone kill them, and I'm so weak, so...

Fragile.

A burden to these blessings of people.

My chest heaved with the dreaded beginnings of a panic attack as I coughed, still standing halfway down the stairs. It seemed G and Papyrus heard me, for two heads popped out from behind the kitchen door, confusion speedily morphing into concern. Without a moment's rest G collided with me, and wrapped his arms around my body. I immediately hugged him back. It was almost natural to do so at this point.

"I don't want to go..." I murmured, muffled by his shirt.

"I won't let you." He replied automatically, like it was programmed for him to care this much. The burrowing doubts dug holes in my mind as I tried and failed to turn them off. I didn't deserve this, not one bit. I should have been rotting in an alley way, but I wasn't because of this exact person. Did I deserve it? Why was he being so nice to me? I should have been carted off to wherever they needed me to go by now.

Today was going to be hard, astronomically difficult perhaps, but maybe, just maybe,

I could be able to get through it.

Sure, negative events followed me around like a lost puppy, begging for attention, but with these guys, at least they were easier to combat.

-----------------------------12--------00.5----------------8967---------

Sorry for the rubbish chapter :( I wanted to at least write something today

This week has been really stressful; assessments, performances, etc. One of my best friends went into hospital yesterday, but he's awake and talking, and getting better hopefully.

Hope you guys enjoyed •~•