35. Endure and Survive

Y/n P.O.V

---------99-----0101------------

Chara swiped the scarlet blood dripping from her lip, steadily rising to her feet. The glint of terror in her eyes was enough to give full-grown adults nightmares- the look of a murderer. Whatever was about to ensue, I wasn't looking forward to it. Plus, it wasn't like I could defend myself, for something told me I was going to need to.

"To address the elephant in the room, what the heck is Gaster doing?!" I half-whispered to G, who looked as shocked as I did.

"I don't know.. He must be seriously bipolar or something.." He joked, trying to make light of the heavy situation, despite the shake in his voice. Just from looking at him, I could tell G wasn't exactly expecting Gaster's sudden character change. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze, then steadily rose to my feet. Wincing at the movement, G too stood forward. It seemed he was still injured from Chara's onslaught, but if we were gonna get through the hell that was Chara (and potentially Gaster, but something told me he wasn't going to be as big of a problem than I first thought) we were gonna need all the power we could get. And believe me, she was one... hell of a hell?

Gaster spoke, interrupting my less than appropriate thoughts- "I won't let you control me any longer Chara." his voice had no trace of nerves or anxiety, but held strong confidence and solemnity. Powerful magic practically radiated off of him, as his hand flexed in Chara's direction. Rays of dark blue sparks shot out like bullets towards their target, but as soon as they reached her, Chara simply dodged them, jumping effortlessly to the side.

"What, you really think I was just gonna take that?" she snickered, flicking her brown locks over her shoulder. As swirls of dark magic encased her hands, Chara's eyes glowed a malevolent red, like her magic was filling up inside of her. The blue bullets exploded at the touch of the wall, scattering dust on the ground.

"We should help- I mean, er, you because, I can't..do, anything.." I mumbled. It was a wonder English was my first language.

"I think you'll find you can, Y/n." G grinned, before turning his back on me and raising his hand to the reaper of souls.

What was THAT supposed to mean?

My confused and jumbled thoughts were swiftly interrupted by a blast of amber, diving as fast as light to Chara. One after the other, gold, fiery bones materialized out of the air and were deployed at a rate so fast it was quicker than a late teenager trying to get to school on a morning. Exercising her impressive cardio work, Chara dodged each and every bone sent after her, all with that same eerie grin displayed on her doll-like face. 

All apart from one.

The glowing bone whipped back after missing Chara and clipped the side of her face. G smirked as glaring red started to line the cut. It wasn't big, nearly nothing to the monster that was Chara, but it was something.

Now very annoyed, Chara spread her hands, flexing every finger as sparks of ruby red magic rose from her palms. They formed small blade-like shapes, perhaps like shurikens. With one flick of her index finger, the blades flung out towards their targets- unfortunately us.

"Y/n MOVE!" G yelled from in front of me. Obeying my reflex, I dove under a desk as the mini knives shot out. Both Gaster and G raised barriers and recovered quickly, Gaster was faster though. An purple hand, identical to his and G's (with a hole in the middle),  emerged above his head and expelled rays of violet magic, each one curving through the air swiftly like arrows.

G did the same, shooting and blasting with all of his might, all shades of fire encasing his body. It was a marvelous sight no doubt. But as quickly as they attacked, Chara was just as quick.