29. In Your Arms

G's P.O.V

--------------------------8--*

My lungs clenched and, for a moment, my heart definitely stopped beating.

"G? Wh-who's there..?" her voice came out as a croaky whisper, with barely any movement of her pale chapped lips.

It was her.

It was her

"Y/-n..?" my brittle, flat voice finally escaped the prison of silence, maybe because I just remembered what breathing was.

Her head slowly turned towards me, the air thick with unused oxygen.

"G?!" she repeated, now fully facing me on the ragged hospital bed. Her voice was barely audible, but still an echoing melody, ringing in my head. The voice I had not heard for too long.

And as if the world was in slow motion. I jumped towards her, my legs with a mind of their own.

    --------------Third Person ---------------

Tears sprung forward like a waterfall from G's dark sockets, glistening in the artificial light. As soon as they spilled out, down his pearly white cheels, he lurched forward to finally touch the thing, the person, he had been apart from for too long.

It was like a starved child to a loaf of bread, an alcoholic to vintage beer. Shaking with pure happiness and exquisite sadness, he threw his arms around Y/n's shoulders. She sat frozen in time, unable to comprehend or believe what was immediately happening.

Was it a dream?

Or was this joyous reality?

Either way, it was as if her arms were tied down by colossal weights.

Finally she made to move, her arms quivering in shock, rising to grip the nostalgic feeling of...

Him.

A heart breaking sob suddenly shattered the quiet, as slightly pink tears escaped from underneath the dirtied bandage, tainted by scarlet blood. Her hands gripped the sides of G's skull, recognising the familiarity of the one person she loved so dearly.

He slowly uncovered from the crook of her neck, faintly amber tears still falling from his face. Taking her head in silent gentleness and equal fervour, they pressed their foreheads together, simply taking in the depths of each others presence.

And for a moment, everything was perfect.

"Y/n...You-'re a-alive.." he whispered, afraid if he opened his eyes it would be a harsh dream.

"G.." Y/n murmured. Her insides screamed without being able to see his beautiful face, but for now his touch and voice was enough. Stroking his wet face with her hand, Y/n wrapped both arms around his shaking body.

She had never seen him so vulnerable before, and it was slightly unnerving to say the least.

G cautiously opened his eyes, eager to see her brilliant orbs again, the ones with such light and passion, the morning sun would be envious.

But his request fell on deaf ears, as his gaze slowly rested upon the stained bandage placed uncarefully around her face.

"W-what did he do to you..?" he questioned, slightly stepping away from her frail body. Like a child searching for their mother, her hand reached out, and was met by his cold touch, one that she could never grow tired of.

"G, I...I.." Y/n began, her voice raspy from lack of use. G squeezed her quivering hand for reassurance, not knowing that he would be the one to need some very soon.

Swallowing, she spoke again-

"G I... I can't see...

Anything."

And that was when G finally understood what pure, incandescent rage was.

------0110------------------------8/\9--------":#-----------