43. I Remember

Y/n

------669------8666-----

"W-what do you mean, Y/n?"

"I remember... Judgement Hall. What does that mean?"

"THAT IS A PLACE IN THE UNDERGROUND, HUMAN. HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT?" Papyrus questioned, scratching his mandible.

Confusion like a contagious disease spread around the faces around the table. It was only G that was resilient. His face, instead, had an expression of pure horror.

"G, what does that mean?" I whispered, fear rising in me like bile.

He sat silently, like he hadn't heard me at all. Like he wasn't even in the room.

"Brother?" Papyrus nudged his sibling, surprisingly in a less than loud voice. I couldn't marvel quickly enough, as G finally made a move.

"Nothing. It means... nothing. Nothing that we should worry about right now." he breathed, a shadow crossing his face. 

I knew he was lying, but I couldn't chase him for the answer right now. My memories' return would have to wait. For now.

---------------

"Thanks Toriel, for letting us stay here."

"It is quite alright my child. There are still more businesses to be attended to, and we don't want you three to be exhausted with travelling back and forth."

"Heh, thank you again."

"It is a pleasure," she smiled warmly, turning to the door, "See you in the morning."

"Goodnight." I murmured after she had slipped out of the small room. Colourful paintings were stuck to the yellow-white walls with blue tack, and there was a wooden wardrobe against the wall. It was definitely a child's room, but after having met Asgore and Toriel, there was no mention of a son or daughter of theirs. I didn't want to pry, so I decided to forget about it. 

The house was only a street away from the Monster Central, so it was going to be a lot easier to go between the two, instead of having to go back home all the time.

I still was not used to having one- having a home. It seemed like I would never get used to it. From not having one for so long, sleeping in a warm, cosy bed every night was just... strange. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. Every night I lay, I was comforted by the fact that my mother was looking down at me, smiling, because I had finally found where I belonged. And having that kind of feeling, I'm not sure if there was anything better.

Papyrus and G were sharing a room beside my own, and I could almost hear his snores through the walls. I could only imagine how G was suffering right now!

As if on cue, the door creaked open, and there stood a very exhausted-looking G, wearing only a grey t-shirt and pyjama shorts.

"G? What are you doing up?" I asked, yawning, even though I think I already knew the answer.

"Papyrus snores too loudly." he mumbled, trudging through the doorway towards the bed.

"Can I sleep with you?" he smiled, dark circles under his eyes prominent on his face.

"You didn't even need to ask." I smiled back, butterflies erupting in the pit of my stomach.

Shifting to the side, I quickly made room for him as he slowly got in with me. Immediately almost like a reflex, his arms pulled me to his chest, so we were no longer apart. Blush spread like wildfire across my cheeks, but I grinned anyway, wrapping my arms around his hard but surprisingly warm torso and burying my head in his chest. I heard him chuckle before I was too laced with fatigue to open my eyes anymore.

I hope you're looking, mum!

This is what a home looks like, and I have it.

Never thought I would.

----------

"Did you think you'd be able to escape?"

I screamed but nothing came out.

"Did you think you had left me behind?"

I struggled against an iron grip, but I could not move.

"You better realise it sooner or later, Y/n."

The fog thickened around me until I was choked of any oxygen.

"Because this is only    just      the        beginning."

--------

"Y/n? Wake up, dove, you were crying." G's soothing voice finally cut through the haze in my mind, as my eyelids flew open.

"W-what?" I croaked, struggling to breath evenly.

"You were crying hun," he repeated, holding my chin up to see his face, "What's wrong?" concern pooled in his white eyes, and his eyebrow bones knitted together. I couldn't shake the imminent feeling of dread flooding my system, nor could I shake off the chills running down my spine. I could especially not forget the dream that I had just witnessed before my very eyes. 

I thought I had abandoned them, I thought they were gone. Seems I was too naive to realise that they had never left, as shown by last night.

"I-it's fine, just a bad dream." I attempted to reassure him, but it fell on deaf ears.

"I'm not asking if it's okay, I'm asking if you're okay." he pressed, cupping my face in his hands. Slowly but surely, he leant forward and pecked me on the lips, sending a warmth through my veins, expelling the feeling of dread left over by the nightmare.

"I'm... okay, G," I breathed, trying to think straight after the kiss, "Honestly, you're here- that's all I need." I smiled, and he reciprocated the action, kissing my forehead, long and slow.

"Let's go get breakfast, sweetheart."

---------01------------------66;-----------9898989898----3576--------------

AHH I SHIP IT SO MUCH I NEEDED SOME FLUFF I WAS BEING STARVED OF IT

ehem

Hope you enjoyed :)