21. Protector

Y/n P.O.V

-------------------------

Assuming that Undyne had finally given up on her hunt, G and I returned home the next day, with memories of the comforting night we shared.

Home...

It was my home now wasn't it? It was strange to think in the space of about two weeks, I had grown so close to two singular skeletons, no less monsters, and they were now like my family. Not to mention the fact that there was certainly something going between me and one of them!

Nevertheless, they were the small family that I hadn't had for some long years.

I realised soon after we returned to the house, that I hadn't been greeted with any nightmares in a while. It was strange, but it wasn't like I was missing them. The desperation and sadness I had felt for so long was only lingering; still there no doubt, but contrastingly smaller to my life before meeting G and Papyrus.

When I first met G, I was afraid, and mistrusting. With his bipolar attitude and personality- comforting me and smiling at me one moment, then the next giving me a frightening cold shoulder. But now, I felt I could trust him with anything. He was a great listener too, to bonus.

Despite this, a small feeling of fear still was still milling around in me, unwilling to leave no matter how I tried.

I was afraid that getting too close to him would only result in heartbreak, in being snatched away from each other. No matter how I tried to suppress this feeling, it just kept coming back. I could convince myself of how I could trust him, but it never worked.

I was a coward.

A fearful coward.

My belief that the nightmares were finally going away was pure ignorance.

Because they came back.

He came back.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later that night I lay in my bed, feeling safe from the absence of Undyne. Papyrus assured me how she wasn't going to come back at least for a few days, although she was infuriated at G helping me, Papyrus as well.

The moon seemed clouded over tonight, and the stars shined dimly. Facing away from the far wall's window, I turned on my other side to get some rest. Finally, my eyes slowly closed, letting fatigue flood over me.

The night did not give me a warm welcome.

*^#+=__|~<

Darkness.

All I could see, was darkness.

But no...

It was more than that, like there was something else invading my dreams, or more specifically, nightmares.

Someone else...

"Hello my dear.." a voice echoed around me chilling me to the core with its unnerving edge. Shivering with the sudden drop in temperature, I struggled against invisible bonds, unable to move. This thing wasn't letting me.

This familiar voice...

"Do excuse me. I quite like appearing in dreams, implements a bit of mystery doesn't it?" The voice continued, chuckling eerily.

I struggled to turn my head, to say something, to do anything, but to no avail.

You've lost who you are

I jumped. The voice was now echoing inside my mind, no longer outside around me.

You're shattered

My breathing became shakier, more jagged, as the thing continued it's piercing curses.

I will break you even more

I couldn't stop it.

I will take everything you love away from you

Suddenly, G flashed in my mind. He didn't intend to...?

Aha, yes. I do intend to

I gasped, now shaking uncontrollably, in immense fear. Where was this voice coming from? It couldn't be him could it? Impossible, I had ditched him a long time ago.

Right?

Unless you follow my bidding. Unless you do what I say...

I shuddered, finally able to speak.

"NO! I won't ever come back to you!! You ruined me, I will never answer to you again!!" I screamed, my voice cracking, the shocking memories replaying in my mind.

Death

Pain

Suffering

Loss.

You must do what I say if you ever want to see him again..

I shook my head, jerking from side to side and unable to believe what was happening.

G...

So? What will you choose? His life without you, or his death caused by you..?

I swallowed my pride.

G was one that I wanted, but his safety trumped my own desires.

I'm sorry.

%#<>*+^

Finally, I awoke, my cold, afraid eyes glazed over in sadness.

My limbs still shaking, I stood by the side of the bed to pack my things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------8//9-------0101------------

Oooooooh!!! Dang this chapter tho.. I intended for it to be just a filler chapter of the reader's thoughts, but NAH MATE WA BANG THIS IS WHATCHA GET

XD

Sorry for the lack of updates, school will be starting up again this week, so I apologise if I don't update regularly :(

Hope you enjoyed!! ^_^