34. Turning Tables

Y/n P.O.V

------------9----------------

"Choose, Y/n. Choose now."

"I-I can't! W-why are you doing this?"

Chara let out a malicious cackle before answering the foreboding question- "Why am I doing this? But my dear, this was always you! The killing, the LV, the EXP... That was all you! I am just here to help you finish it off! And it seems you really can't decide by yourself."

Two buttons. One decision; the one to finish it all.

erase

do not

"So what will it be? I don't have all the time in the void you know."

The question hung in the stale air, as my mind finally came to a decision.

"No."

Chara's grin turned cold.

"No...? But I thought it would be a nice end to such a great show. You killed them all, don't try and forget. You can't undo what has been done- but why would you want to, right?"

There was silence, as my breathing grew heavier and heavier, just like the pressure in the cold air.

"Hmm... Well maybe here's a better question-"

My heart stopped as the voice of  the comedian filled my mind.

"SINCE WHEN WERE YOU THE ONE IN CONTROL?"

Darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Why did you make me remember?!" my fearful voice cracked and whimpered as my mind recovered from the haunting flashback.

The timelines, the different worlds- it felt like the hazy cloud that encased my memory had been wiped.

Erased.

But with the exit of the confusion and frustration of not remembering, the entrance of the nightmare that was... all this, became a much more mortifying prospect. Whatever drove me to do such terrifying things was the one thing I refused to recall. The thing that would make someone turn into a monster- not a monster of the Underground, but a petrifying creature with such levels of hate only humans could reach.

In truth, I was disgusted with myself. Who wouldn't be?

"You knew all along Y/n, you just refused to remember. Strong-willed, am I right?" Chara chirped, her sick childlike voice filling my ears.

"B-but, this is the real me.. I-I would never do t-that again, right? I-I would n-never...never..."

"Her soul is crippling. With no physical input either." Gaster murmured, his callous voice interrupting Chara's verbal attack. "Chara, we can't let them both-"

"SILENCE Gaster. Are you forgetting your purpose? You wanted the souls, and you'll get them." 

A flurry of emotions raced across his pure white face, conflicting with his earlier arrogant demeanor. It was a doubtful claim, but he almost seemed hesitant on our perhaps inevitable death. All I wanted to know was why.

A heart-wrenching sob burst through my contemplative thoughts, quickly drawing my attention to G, still shuddering in pain on the hard tile floor. He didn't deserve this. I had dragged him into one huge nightmare, hadn't I?

Chara raised her hand, a jagged grin painted upon her rosy-cheeked face. Choking on unforgiving air, he screamed in pain, but his body fell silent, paralyzed by her sheer gestures. Tears fell like rain in a thunderstorm and screams rang in my ears. 

When would it end?

When would I be able to wake up and be sleeping next to my little sister again?

When would I ever see the light of day again, or experience the soaring feeling of happiness once more?

When would the pain stop?

Suddenly, a burst of light ripped through the room, and a loud thump of a body smacking the floor sounded from a corner, not too far away.

"G?!" I shrieked, searching frantically through the clouds of settling dust. I prayed to whatever divine being was up there, hoping with all my heart that it wasn't him who had been rag-dolled'. As soon as my plea escaped my mouth, a cold, clammy, but skeletal hand gripped my own. 

"I'm here." G muttered, his voice still hoarse and pained. I clamored to be closer to him as I gripped his hand, my breathing sparse.

"Oh thank the Heavens, a-are you okay?!" I murmured, holding his head in my hands.

"I... I'm fine, but what happened?"

Spluttering and heavy pants resounded from where whoever had been thrown to. Finally the large clouds of dust parted to show a very angry Chara, rugged and on all fours from the impact of the wall. Across from her, in the exact place he stood before, was Gaster.

His hand was enveloped in dark blue and black wisps of powerful magic, and as soon as she had hit the wall, his hand flicked towards Chara sending her flying into the air. Her limp body smacked against the ceiling and fell with a harsh thud onto the floor.

"This needs to stop, now, Chara."

---------------8989---------------01010133-------------------