13. Finally

Y/n P.O.V

-------------------8----9----------

It had been about five days since I first came here, and for the first time, it felt like the war had never happened. I had food, water, shelter and good hygiene. Most importantly, I had people to talk to. Solidarity is fine and all, until it's been years since you last communicated with someone in a civil manner. Living in the midst of gang wars and tension between races was asking to be beaten up every single night, on the very brink of death. And sometimes, it was all I wanted.

Some nights, I remember wanting to just fall asleep and never wake up if it was going to be like that all the time.

With a clear sunset pouring through the living room windows, the evening was filled with a happy feeling, watching TV, and comfortable silence. It was nice to have a change of scene and a break from the constant fear after years and years of running and exhaustion. The places I stayed hardly felt comfortable, and they were all temporary. I had to leave those stopping areas because of dangers, like gangs in the area, or fights, or simply because of my bored state of mind.

Which reminded me, G knew next to nothing about my past or who I was. Papyrus too for that matter. It would have to be revealed at some point. After a week of staying with them, trust began to form, surprisingly enough. Finally, the evening drew to a close, and Papyrus left to his room, wishing us both a good night at the top of his voice.

"Whelp. Bedtime!" I sighed, rising from the springy couch that we had sat on for the majority of the time downstairs.

"Are you sure you'll be okay dove?" G spoke looking up at me with concerned eyes, refer

"I'll be fine, hopefully. Plus you guys gave me the guest room, which is next to yours, so I'll be good." I replied, a small smile spreading across my lips. He nodded in agreement, chuckling at my positivity, as we both headed towards the stairs. At least now it wasn't the stairs to the basement- that place was freezing some nights. There was another door to the side of the basement, but I passed it off as a laundry room or an office.

After traipsing the long stairs and short hallway, we both came to halt outside our respectful bedroom doors, a light silence filling the corridor. Glowing lamps were dotted along the corridor, and a few paintings were hung on the walls, giving a very homely vibe. It made me wonder how long they had been here; the house looked untouched by the war and the bombs if it had been here that long.

"Night, sweetheart." G said, grinning. He leant forward and gently kissed my forehead, as heat lit up my face like the sun.

My thoughts were completely jumbled as I stood gaping like a fish.

WHAT THE FU- ASDFHKJHDGASJF - was all I could think. 

He chuckled and left me in front of my door, as his slowly closed shut. Sighing I staggered into my room and after getting ready for sleep, I turned in for the night, the embarrassing warmth still present on my face.

I smiled, and leaped into my bed, a wave of exhaustion overtaking me.

My eyes finally closed, as thoughts of G filled my mind.

The sad, haunting, and eerie memories of my family would soon come later.

--------77------98------------------678----------44----1----------------

Sorry that I haven't updated for a while!! I know this chapter is awful saweeeeee....

Hope you enjoyed it anyway :3