36. Gone

A/n: It would be wise to play the song after the time-skip-mark..

----------88---------------------

Y/n's P.O.V

-----------------9-----2----------

"Guys?! What just happened?!" I questioned, my voice frantic. G and Gaster blinked simultaneously, before recovering and gaining their composure again.

"I think you.. just used magic..." Gaster muttered slowly, realization dawning on his face. 

"Magic?! But only monsters can-"

"It's not just monsters." G interrupted with a sigh, "Your soul is very special- remember Gaster's journal? Those 6 souls were different to normal human ones, and you aren't just one of them. You're two."

"W-what? But, how can that be, I was born a human, a normal human!" I protested, but the knowing looks from Gaster told me otherwise. If not a human, then what was I?

"Y/n, you are a human," a sigh of relief escaped my lips before I had time to think it offensive, "But, your soul is of a human specialty. A part of your soul is inhabited by magic, but that doubled as it is made out of two of the special types." Gaster paused, a look of contemplation crossing his face.

"Er, guys? We might want to save the explaining for later because..." G trailed off, as he looked towards the ragged figure in the corner. Chara. Still alive, and still very, very angry.

Just our luck.

Slowly rising, her movements were heavy and slumped, but the red burning in her eyes sent a memorable shiver down my spine and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. G stepped closer to me, a comforting thought that, despite the current situation, I wasn't in this alone. And that somehow made things a little bit better. Gaster struggled to straighten his back, but he stood up anyway.

Chara's eyes glimmered, fixed on me and me only. Pure hatred emanated off her, and the air grew thick with the deadly poison of an emotion. If Gaster was seemingly redeemable then maybe Chara...?

No.

Something told me that this was it, this was her, and she wasn't going to change. The thought filled me with a strange sadness; my mother told me that, even the worst person can change, but now I couldn't help but doubt her philosophical words. This was Chara we were talking about here.

Dismissing the cloud of thoughts wrapping around my brain, I took a deep breath and prepared to fight for my life, our lives. G and Gaster took their battle stance, and Chara took a step forward, then another, and another, until she was sprinting right at me, swirls of blood-red magic encasing her fists, the melted knife long forgotten. This was it. 

Summoning a force from the bottom of my soul, blue, purple, and silver sparks flung off my hands as I propelled a blast of magic towards Chara. It simply staggered her, but G and Gaster came to my aid as bullets and bones shot through the clouds of dust right at Chara.

And it continued, just like that.

/-=+\|(Play song)

"Chara, you... won't.. win!" I gasped for air. My lungs felt like weights were sitting on top of them, and Gaster was on his knees, nearly incapacitated. G stood beside me, also out of breath. Chara smiled deviously, despite the cuts on her face and the fact that she too looked tired.

"I will. And none of you leave until you all lay DEAD at my feet!" she cackled malevolently, wiping the blood dripping from her lip.

Death seemed inevitable at this point. We threw blow after blow, and I still couldn't seem to help enough. My magic felt weak and useless, but I sort of expected that. Who wouldn't?

Chara stepped over to Gaster, his body not even strong enough to look up at her approaching him. With a sickening crunch, she kicked his feeble chest and he fell backwards onto the cold dusty floor. Grimacing in pain, he gasped for oxygen before slowly lifting his head to see Chara towering over him, her eyes a dark red like dried blood. G stepped forward to do something, but no words left his mouth. His expression was enough to show what he was feeling at that very moment.

Slowly, Chara raised a dirty boot and pressed it down on Gaster's chest. Crunch. The sickening sound echoed, bouncing off of the walls.

"Stop!" I cried- but it was all in vain. The same grin greeted me like a cold wind, as Chara pressed her foot down onto him. Gaster whimpered, as crunch after crunch filled my ears.

"Please, stop.." G whispered, his gaze unwavering on his father.

Crunch.

Crack.

Snap.

With every ounce of pressure added, the rest of Gaster's body cracked, the splits lining his skull and hands. Dust surrounded his fading figure, as my throat closed up, and tears flooded my vision.

Not again

Not again

But before I could do anything, G sprinted at Chara, his chilling scream filling my mind.

"I SAID STOP!" a bright, amber light filled the room as Chara's body flew like a rag-doll. G stood over Gaster's body, his chest heaving as he looked over to where Chara lay shaking, her own blood painted like a picture on her face.

But,

It was too late.

Dust spread across the ground next to the fading, crippled body, as his gasps of pain resounded throughout the room.

"Dad?! Dad don't, please don't.." G whimpered, falling to his knees. I could do nothing but just watch as the same scene I had experienced all those years ago, replayed like a nightmare before me.

"Ssh, son... It's okay.." Gaster could barely whisper as more of his body crumbled into the same grey dust.

"No! It's not okay.." G cried, gazing down at the figure before him.

"Son, I'm so... sorry... for all... that I have... done..." Gaster murmured, as his voice cracked, trying to continue.

"Please dad, don't...Just, don't...go.."

He smiled sadly, tears running down his face.

"I'm s-sorry.... I love...you..."

And with those last words, Gaster crumbled into dust.

Gone.

Gone forever.

----------d0101ea092d01-------8789;6(-------------------

I know this chapter could be seen as confusing, but I think G would have that reaction to Gaster's death. Gaster wasn't always evil, and his apology makes me wanna cri :'(

Unexpected, or nah? Tell me what you think in the comments, and don't forget to vote! :3

-Bubbles