46. Hands Of The Familiar

Y/n's P.O.V

----------------99-----765------------

"G, we need to go help!" I spoke, twisting my head to my side, where he stood.

"Let's go!" G replied, breathless from all the running.

What was opening out in front of our eyes, was none other than pure chaos. The metallic, shadowed fighter jets were flying closer and closer, still at an eerily languid pace. By now, the outskirts must have been completely ruined, with nothing left intact, if there was anything intact left behind.

Flashbacks of that day, oh so many years ago flickered in my mind, but I pushed it to the far recesses of my head, willing myself to concentrate on the present and not the past. G took my hand in his own as we scampered down the pavement, trying to not knock other monsters off of their feet. The panic was really too much to bear, with numerous monsters pushing and shoving to get to the bunker. I did not know they had such fortifications, but it was better with them. With the population being not too small, yet still not too large, it would be trivial to get everyone in safely in time. Toriel and Alphys could be seen guiding the way for citizens, tranquil calm on their face.

"Papyrus.." G murmured, and looking up, his face was of deep concern, every crevice outlined in deep shadows of anxiety.

"Where is he?" I questioned, unable to see past the huge congestion of the crowd, running towards safety.

"I have to go get him and Mettaton. Stay here, and... don't do anything stupid. Please." G stared into my eyes, pecking my lips before running off into the crowds. Not a word left my mouth as I watched him duck in between monsters, and glancing back to the planes scarring the dark blue sky, now polluted with smoke, it seemed that with every second they were inching closer and closer. At least now where they were, there was no one in sight.

Or was there...?

Suddenly, a swift movement caught my eye- a monster quickly disappeared behind a house corner, in the polar opposite of where the flood of panicked people were headed. In the corner of my eye, I saw Toriel about to take a step towards me, but my mind and body had other plans as I rushed towards the street corner, in the direction of where the monster went. Whatever they were thinking not evacuating immediately was certainly strange, and questionable. Standing behind me, Toriel was soon vanishing behind the waves of people, but I thought nothing of it as I continued to run, my black boots smacking against the dusty stone with every step. My chest heaved as I rounded the brick corner, but there was no one in sight. Another corner- just more bricks and debris, shadowed by the absence of the bright moon.

Without warning, a wail echoed off of the walls, seeming to have come from the house beside me. Heat hit me like a baseball bat as soon as I stepped inside. Small flames licked the walls, however soon to grow, and that was what I feared most. The crying from earlier sounded again, bouncing off the walls and leading me upstairs, as I ignored my conscience calling me to get the hell out of there and fast.

Upstairs, the damage was even worse. It seemed like a shell had hit the house and shot through the ceiling but not to downstairs below. Cowering in utter fear, a shaking monster stood in the corner of the room, light of the moon hitting their face. It was a rabbit type creature, quivering like a leaf and holding something in her hands. As the crying continued, I realised- what she was holding was a baby. I didn't know how far we were from the evacuation zone now, but all I knew was that I needed to get them both there. Roaring flames split through the roof, cascading down into the crumbling room. It was exactly like my home, caving in with every second.

"Can you hear me? We need to get out!" Coughing interrupted my calls, as fear captured her face.

"Head across the floor, over here!" I shouted again, despite the cackle of the fire growing ever louder than my own voice.

She seemed to get the message, as she started placing tentative steps across the burning wood. In my mind, I willed her to hurry up as the groaning of the house and the whirring of the machines sent my thoughts into a mess, but if she was too fast, then I feared the floor would open up beneath her.

Finally, the monster reached the stairs, and we climbed down them together, jumping out of the way of falling debris and sizzling flames. 

I pushed her out of the house just as the ceiling caved in and darkness was all I could see.

Darker,

Darker,

Yet Darker.

--------------

Flashing lights,

Muffled voices,

A shooting pain,

Darkness once again.

-------------------

The rhythmic throbbing of my head invaded my slumber, as my eyes slowly but surely opened, pain coursing like a river through my body.

Memories appeared like a worn video tape in my mind, cutting off and returning again, as I groggily awoke to a slow, mechanical whirring. Any attempt to move was halted as more stinging and shooting pain enveloped me.

Fire...

The evacuation...

Humans invading...

Wait- humans invading!

The thump of my heart increased as trepidation invaded my veins, moving me to recall the past day. Wherever I was now, I couldn't it make out as my vision swam in front of me. I lay in some sort of bed, with pristine white sheets encasing my body. The walls were white, too, with some sections peeling with wear. Some chairs lined the side of the small room, and a small continuous  beep drew my attention, as I desperately tried to twist my head to see... anything, of use to me.

Suddenly, the door opened, and a blurry dark figure entered the room, gracefully closing it behind them. I writhed and thrashed in my bed, unable to say anything as the stranger came closer. Finally, the figure came into vision, and my breathing halted, trapped like an animal in my throat.

It was a man, a human

"Hello. Welcome back to humanity." 

I pitifully attempted to scream, but my arms felt like lead on the cursed blank cloth. He pulled out a syringe, flicking it before pricking my arm with its sharp touch. I felt the contents empty into me, as the man smiled giddily. Only one thought echoed in my mind as I was forced into suffocating slumber once again, resonating in my soul and pushing out to the far corners of my mind:

'G... Save me!'

-------------99-----010101--------666--------23872387------88--------

Well damn son x 400000