31. Revelation

Y/n's P.O.V

--------------------------------9---

"So what do we do now?" I asked him, after we recovered ourselves from the aggressively loving embrace.

"We have to find him, somehow. What he has done is... Unforgivable." G spoke with such certainty and determination, it spurred me on to continue with whatever this was. This quest, adventure, endeavour - you choose!

"Yes. Lets look around here for...something useful." I replied, grasping at words.

Looking around the eerily pristine laboratory, nothing seemed to be alarmingly noticable. As G ventured towards the numerous hovering glass cylinders at the center of the room (like I said, nothing alarmingly noticable), I interested myself with the untidy desk fastened against the far wall.

Blueprints didn't really interest me- they seemed to be written in a strange undecipherable language, and there were sketches and scribbles of what seemed to be the machine G was currently exploring.

Papers were littered across the surface, and after sifting through a couple all they really entailed was equations and notes on human and monster anatomy, along with several pages on 'the science of souls'.

What this scientist was researching was questionable.

Then again what wasn't recently?

Everything that had happened in maybe less than a month had been so different to all that I had experienced for most of my life, but I had grown so accustomed to it that it felt natural. Being with G.. It happened very quickly, however, to be honest I loved every second of it.

If only my mum could see me now.

Knowing that if continued on that train of thought I would outright cry, I carried on with my investigation, shaking my head absentmindedly.

There were drawers lining each side of the cloud white desk. Within the top two there were only more and more notes and papers about the same thing- souls.

Why was he so interested in them? What was so intriguing that it required such lenghty research?

Finally, I came upon the last drawer, placed right at my feet. Opening it, at first, it was empty. Filled with dust and absence of any blueprints or papers.

Under the dust, enveloped in shadows...

Was a small, brown, notebook.

Weathered from years of use, it had been thrown against the back of the drawer, with yellow paper slipping out of its uncareful binding. It was clasped shut by a metal clip, but rusted and obviously soon to break.

Not what I expected to find, in a cruel apathetic monster's lab no less.

Without a moment's thought, I crouched down and reached for the strange book, bringing it out of its dusty cavern.

Flicking through the pages, even though it had an ancient look to it, the most recent page was still wet and new with ink.

Pages ran askew, nearly falling from my hands, but I held tight onto them.

I heard footsteps to the side of me, indicating G had seen my discovery.

"What's that?" he questioned, his voicd audibly thick with curiosity, as was mine.

"Some sort of notebook... Do you think it's his?" I asked G, bouncing back a question. A frown made its way onto his face, only echoing my wonder as to what was written in the book, or whose it was.

"Could be.. What's it say?"

"Um, let me see.." I flicked the pages to a random writing. A date was scrawled in barely eligible writing, so it was probable that this book was some sort of diary or journal.

"Here's one of the entries.."

--------------------------------8#_(9------01*--------------------