32. Two-Faced

/-\ 9th May /-\

The soul extraction is complete. The subject did not seem happy without their lifeforce outside of its primal host, but they won't be going anywhere soon.

This is the first test subject, and the first of many.

--------------------  

/-\ 12th May /-\

This first soul is...interesting. It continues to fight for life despite its body physically being dead. I wonder how this could be utilised for further projects.

-------------------- 

/-\ 21st May /-\

The collection of 6 other souls has now been forwarded. I must see if this aspect of the first changes anything to other aspects of different souls..

--------------------

/-\ 17th June /-\

The souls were collected.

I'm sure the bodies won't be needing them anytime soon.

How curious.. The souls each have a lifeforce of their own, as if they don't need a host. The seperate aspects determine their code, but they all stand the same in this specific categorical science.

What if I tried merging them?

--------------------

/-\ 20th June /-\

Something happened in the lab today.

I successfully merged two of the souls, the purple (PE-09) and blue (DI-89), but...

It escaped.

As soon as the process was finished, a great light shattered the main glass cylinder, and after it faded, the soul was gone. I shall name it YDP-R99.

The other souls were notably more...active as the experiment continued. I shall look into this.

YDP-R99 must be retrieved.

--------------------

/-\ 25th June /-\

Something terrible has happened.

Another soul escaped..the red one (DT-05), but it wasn't just that one. The dark entity in the backroom left with it, melting into eachother as they vanished. Somehow they came together and formed something new, much like my last experiment, but something much more powerful. It paralysed me for a moment as it fled the laboratory, and I, as a magic user, could feel the catastrophic power emanating off of it.

A soul like that...could kill thousands, could destroy cities... Something no man should have.

I want it.

--------------------

/-\ 26th November/-\

I've found it! Oh joy, I've found YDP-R99! After months and a year of searching...finally!

And not just the soul.. Oh this is the good part.

I've found her - the daughter of the circle caster! She holds the soul, I just know it!

She is alone, thank goodness, but I'm not sure it will last.

That doesn't matter; I will capture her and retain my full power! No monster or human alike will stop me!

Not even him.

Not even my own son.

--------------------

Y/n P.O.V

With a clatter, I dropped the journal onto the hard surface of the desk. What we read was only one part of it all - only a tiny part of the madness. I couldn't begin to comprehend what the rest of the book entailed, and I'm not sure G could either. There were obvious thoughts above the confused ones, but I wasn't sure if it was safe to speak them aloud.

I finished reading out what I could before facing tears in the seam where other entries should have been written. 

"What does it all mean?" I asked him quietly, shuddering at the possibilities.

"It sounds like he was collecting souls. This obviously was happening when he wasn't at his full strength, after a part of his soul merged with mine and the rest of it was sent to the void." G spoke after a moment of consideration. "Was there anything else in the drawer?"

"Not that I saw but I'll check again."

Just as before, the drawer was only filled with dust and dirt alike, but it seemed that after the journal was taken out, a white piece of paper had fallen out of its hold.

I reached for it, cautious after the eerie journal's writings, and turned it over.

What I saw then was undoubtedly the most awful thing, the most surprising pain printed onto shiny photo paper. 

"It's...them." I whispered.

It was the thing I had lost at the very beginning, more than a month ago. Then why was it here? In his lab?

"Why does he have the picture of your family?"

"And why is there a circle around my face?"

---------------------------------------------0104-----------------------------------------8x&^9~--------------------------