33. Their Souls Are With Us

Y/n P.O.V

----------------99----0---------

"Both are very good questions I assure you, but I'm afraid there isn't much time for answering them at the moment."

The voice filled the room like an unrelenting flood, leaving no room for breath. Twisted and gleeful, sick in such a fashion it was barely describable. Still not the worst, I thought, recalling the nightmare I had all those nights ago.

Speaking again, his voice brought me to the present day. There would be no time for making memories right now, we had to focus on what was in front of us. On who was in front of us.

"You!" G growled, balling his fists immediately. I didn't want conflict - I had had my fair share of it by now- but what looked like was gonna happen seemed inevitable.

"Yes, yes, all that 'revenge' and everything will come later. Can I have my villain's monologue first?" he grinned cockily. "Also, I'm not Voldemort. Use my name, I like the sound of it."

It was, indeed, Gaster.

All our encounters I had only seen him as this mass of horrid darkness, but now... he was in his physical form. And it was petrifying how similar he looked to G. The same cracks that ran across his face were shadowed and chilling on Gaster's.

"How did you get enough power to..?" I eventually spoke, pushing my whimpering and ancient fear for this monster aside.

"Ah, yes. It feels nice to be back, actually touching the ground. Obviously I couldn't do this by myself, I had no power after the splitting of our souls, my dear son-"

"I am NOT your DEAR SON!" G interrupted Gaster, rage clearly overtaking any other emotion he might have had.

"G please! Calm down, I know it's bad but just..." I grasped at words as I stared at his shaking face.

Of course it was bad, this was his father and his torturer all at the same time. He was barely holding onto control of his crippling mental state, and all I could say was 'calm down'. With new found determination, I stepped forward and swivelled on my heels to grip G's quaking arms.

"G, listen to me. We WILL get through this, you and I together. Forget about him, about all he's done in the past, to you, to me, to Papyrus, and focus on the future. LOOK AT ME G!" I shook his face, practically screaming to clamour for his attention.

His  iris' finally stared down at me, his height of an amount much larger to mine. Here and now in this moment he looked... terrifying, and at the same time vulnerable and scared. His eyes that showed pure anger also held so much sorrow, too much for one person to willingly take on.

And like that, with a tired sigh, the burning emotions melted from his gaze, and he smiled that same old crooked smirk. I felt like I hadn't seen that for a long, long time.

"Don't worry, dove. I'm sorry. This jerk's still gonna pay though." he grinned.

"Big time." I replied, cupping his face in my hand.

"Ugh, are you guys done yet? I think I just threw up the entire contents of the void." Gaster groaned from the other side of the room, mimicking a few pukes.

"You never answered; how did you get your physical form back?" G questioned, ignoring his father's 'funny' quips.

"Before you rudely interrupted, I was going to say that I had next to no magic power after our souls split, so I returned here to regain strength and study what was left of our fun little experiments.." G shuddered at the word of experiments, but fortunately kept his composure.