20. Entwined

Y/n P.O.V

---------------77--------------------

We had been sitting like that for a while; resting under the greyish sky swamped with clouds, talking about whatever came to mind. It was quite nice actually. I felt at peace, for the first time in a while.

We talked about me primarily. My past. With G, I felt I could pour out my heart, my soul - and so I did just that. I explained why I was in that area of town when he found me (I still cringed at the thought of him listening to my singing), I talked about my family, describing each member and their quirks and appearances, and I talked about growing up there, with the return of the monsters, and the increase of bullying I underwent at my high school.

I could sense G tense up as I talked about them, how they called after me and laughed mockingly whenever I defended the monster race. How they beat me up in that dark alley one night after school, with little mercy.

He listened and listened, until I somewhat finished. A question about monsters and humans came to mind, as I cautiously thought it over to ask him.

"G?" I spoke.

"Yeah, doll?" He replied, looking over to me.

"What colour is your soul?" I asked. His sockets widened as if he was taken aback by this question. But, he answered anyway-

"I'll show you,"

As if he were grabbing something, G slowly made a pulling motion towards his chest, and it resonated with his touch. A glowing heart appeared, pulsating and shimmering in the setting of the golden sun. It was white, with swirling black mist circling it, hovering in G's palm. I stared at it, enraptured by its shine, and reached out to touch it.

It was warm as I stroked it. G smiled peacefully, relaxing at my touch. It seemed he could feel whatever his soul felt.

I finally placed my hand down, leaning against G's shoulder.

"Do you want to see yours?" He asked. I nodded eagerly. What colour would it be? Would it be like G's?

He instructed me on how to take it out, as I made pulling motions with my hand like he did. Slowly but surely, a glimmering heart came into vision, radiating with a bright light. Unlike G's, my soul was a deep blue and a mist-like silver swirled around it, with dark purple blemishes running through it.

It was enrapturing, captivating. G stroked it calmingly, as a butterfly like feeling rose in my stomach. I reluctantly put it away, and it faded from vision, leaving a dark blue aura in its wake.

The sky was now dark, with glimmering stars surrounding us. G wrapped an arm around my waist, and I leant deeper into his chest, our legs entwined together snugly. He played with my h/c hair, strands slipping through his fingers. Lovingly, he kissed my forehead, wrapping his other arm around my body. I held onto him, closing my weary eyes. That soul presentation really did tire me out.

Inside our warm bodies held so closely together, our souls danced, entwined and joyous.

-------------------------------------------------8x9----------3/--------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed... :3