9. Amidst the Questions

Y/n P.O.V

---------------------------8----------------------------

Breathing deeply, I sat in a comfy wooden chair, no longer in the secluded basement room, sitting at a table next to G. Moments of what happened only hours earlier repeated in my mind like a broken record.

------------------------------89------------------------

With a hoarse and croaking voice, I woke up screaming and crying, shaking intensely with my vision fading in and out of black. 

It was another nightmare about my family. Their death repeated in my mind, their ruined bodies strewn across the caving-in room. With bricks flying from the ceiling and roof, I could barely see anything, there was too much dust and my tears blurred my vision. It was real. Too real. My eyes opened and I sat up, my body shaking. I screamed and screamed in effort to rid my mind of the awful memories, until he came in. G. I didn't expect him to come in, but I knew in my mind this person whom I barely knew, was the only one who could calm me down. He dashed over to me, a confused and panicked expression on his face. After attempts to talk to me, G sat down on the old bed and... hugged me?

Despite the fact that this guy was my captor, I was barely seeing sense at that moment in time. I clutched onto his shirt, sobbing into his chest, as he wrapped his arms around me.

I don't know why, but it was... nice.

My sobs quietened, I tried to explain what on Earth had happened to make me wake up screaming my heart out. He didn't even press me for an explanation after that. It was as if he understood exactly what I meant by saying only one word - 'nightmare'. My curiosity sparked into motion in that second, but I thought it was best to hold off the questions, especially as I only had met him the previous day. Like, come on, man.

No one had cared for me, or spoke to me in years. I was weak, I couldn't fight, and when I had to, the fact that I was smaller than average helped me dodge attacks or, most times, escape. In fights was where I received my scars and bruises.

Here he and I were, sitting on a bed. He comforted me, until I could speak properly, and had calmed down. Why would he, who had met me only hours ago, do that for a nobody?

-------------------------------------------78-----55------432------------

"Human?" G said, bringing me back down to earth.

"Hm?" I asked, turning my head to look at him beside me. He chuckled at my response, at how dubious I was. Anxiety swirled in my chest as I quietly tried to calm it.

"Dumb human." he sighed, folding his arms. I rolled my eyes but quickly remembered why we sat around a table at the crack of dawn. Okay, so it wasn't that early, but you get the idea.

Suddenly, my stomach let out a deep, loud growl, announcing how hungry it truly was. Automatically my face flushed, the perfect impression of a tomato. He laughed at me, his voice ringing out and echoing around the room.

"Papyrus is in there, making it, dove. You can rest, alright?" The nickname made me feel strange, like it wasn't meant to be there.

I sat back down in my seat, embarrassed beyond reason. Glancing at G, I found him looking at me with a strange emotion flicking in his white pinpricks of eyes. Anxiety completely overtook me as I remembered why I was here. What were they going to do to me? Why was I still here? When was I going to escape?

It seemed G was completely oblivious to my mini panic attack as my mind filled with an overload of worries. He stared off into the distance, also seeming to be thinking hard about something, as his brow bones furrowed and unfurrowed with every second going past.

"I imagine you have questions?" It was half statement half question, but I nodded all the same.

"Why did you capture me? When can I leave? What's your deal?" the questions came out in a frenzied jumble, startling G almost immediately. 

"One, you're a human, we need ya'. Two, you can't. Three, what do you mean what's my deal?" He demanded, obviously annoyed.

"I MEAN why are you so mood-swingy, ya know?" I shot back, in the midst of comprehending his answers to my questions. "And also, why do you need me? What could I possibly do that you need?"

"It's not a question of what you can do, it is a question of what you have." he shot back, his voice rising as he crossed his brow bones in a hard frown. I noticed his avoidance to my first question, but I was too angry to care.

"Well, what do I ha-"

"HUMAN! COME HELP ME WITH THE PLATES!" Papyrus' cacophonous voice interrupted the argument, to my relief. Then commenced a minute battle of the glares before I stood up from the wooden chair with a screech and speed-walked to the kitchen.

Whatever I had that needed was going to have to wait. It terrified me, but that wasn't an emotion I was going to show right now.

---------------8989----------98-------766-----------09-----------1-------------