27. Why?

G's P.O.V

-------------------------------

"Y/N?! Y/N!!" I screamed into the forest, ignoring the pain in my hoarse throat. It echoed harshly, like clanging funeral bells on a cold Sunday morning.

The absense of sound, except my quick, heavy footsteps shuddered through the tall pines.

Whispers of wind flowed across the bottle green canopy, my heavy breaths evaporating in the warm afternoon air. It seemed the weather wanted to spite me in my frustration. My chest heaved with fatigue from hours of running- but to no avail. Hollowed and sleepless, my body swayed with exhaustion, as I searched the clearing I had stumbled upon.

It was easy to say that,

I was a mess.

I couldn't sleep without seeing an empty bed.

I couldn't eat without hearing her beautiful laughter before that dining room table.

A few hours back, I left the house in a rush, quickly writing a note for Papyrus to find. I didn't want him to worry about where I was, but most of all I didn't want him to get caught up in this mess, so I left most details out. His innocence was something to be preserved, despite the horrors we had seen and experienced as children having severely tainted it.

Damn it, where did he take her?!

Leaves at my feet crunched under the brisk touch, but under further inspection, they were painted a browny red, similar to.. Blood.

I prayed they were just normal red leaves, but the feeling of dread in my gut said otherwise.

Overtaken by fatigue, I collapsed onto my knees, sinking into the springy dirt. My heart hammered in my chest as I willed my mind to stop conjuring up horrifying situations Y/n could be in. I rested my head against cold, damp bark, my hands lying feebly in my lap.

I really was pathetic, wasn't I? Only after a few hours I was beat.

No!

I can't let him win!

A silent battle raged on behind my drooping eyelids. I had to get up, to keep searching! I was failing her, I was giving up on any hopes of ever seeing her face again.

I was a failure.

"You are a failure."

Icy breath, cold shackles.

"Not again! Please GOD not again!!" my voice cracked, hoarse and shrieking. I clasped my skull, shaking petrified.

Glass cylinder, white light.

Words were now foreign to me. Screams filled the air, scattering resting birds and piercing through the density of the woodland.

The moment replayed again and agaim in my mind, a blood curdling scream, the ironic emptiness afterwards.

"Sorry son, you know it has always been this way."

"Wh-y..." I struggled to speak, as if an iron grip had its hold on my throat.

"Why, the girl? Oh, she is very special to me, or rather what's inside her.." the consuming entity mused, not visible to the eye but rather a suffocating presence in the clearing. What should have been an easy place to breath, with all the flowing oxygen and open air, was now a claustrophobic prison as the scene warped and swirled before my eyes.

"T-take...m-e..." I choked, now on my hands and knees, coughing and spluttering.

Laughter filled my mind, like he was climbing inside me.

"As you wish."

As dark as those three words, the world faded to black.

Always, black.

--------''''----'''--------------010----8---------9-------------------