8. Hurt

A/n- A/n's will be in story chapters unless I do otherwise, to prevent confusion of parts when I write them :D

G's P.O.V
---------------------------9-----
I woke up,

To the sound of screaming.

Groaning, I swung my legs over the side of my bed, confusion and annoyance like thick clouds cloaking my mind. It must have been the girl- humans have always been a handful. Just be sure, I hastily walked out of my room and opened Pap's door a crack. He was still sleeping soundly, causing me to have a little more peace in my agitated mind; he sure did rest through anything. I closed the door quietly before jogging downstairs and into the basement, the screams still loud and clear. What on Earth was happening to her that was making her scream so intensely?

The halls echoed with my heavy footsteps as I bounded down the thickly carpeted stairs, and down yet another set of stairs to the basement door at the end of the hallway. The room was right next to my personal office, moved from outside in the shed to down here. Easier to get to, I supposed.

I flung open the metal door to see Y/n rocking on her bed, crying and screaming to herself. Splayed out and shadowing her face, Y/n's hair looked knotted and ruffled, like she had been running her hands through it, over and over. Frustrated and most definitely confused, I walked over to her and harshly shook her shoulders, but it was no use. It was as if she was not in the room, like she was absorbed in her own terrifying world. It didn't sound fun, at the least.

"Hey human! What's wrong!? Why the hell are you screaming?" I urged, my ears still ringing from the loud sound and my voice croaky from just having woken up. It was incredibly annoying, but she wouldn't stop. I had no experience in... comforting humans, so I was at a loss.

Knowing words couldn't help me here, I slowly slid one arm around her back in an attempt to shush her. It seemed to calm her slightly, but the cries were still loud and clear, and the tears were streaming with strong intent at this point. I sighed, rubbing my face with my spare hand. This was so out of comfort zone, but so was trying to sleep whilst someone was screaming. Eventually, I wrapped both arms around her shaking body, groaning-inwardly. This was not in the job description.

"Human? What happened?" I asked her. She looked up at me, her glazed-over eyes filled with confusion at my appearance. I slowly retracted myself, slightly embarrassed.

"N-nightmare.." she finally spoke, but nothing more. The small silence felt long and drawn out as numerous thoughts ran through my mind. I knew nightmares back to front, having experienced so many. I knew the terror of seemingly unreal dreams, haunting you with no escape.

"It's okay now, you're awake." I sighed, trying to be somewhat supportive. 

"You're not very good at this." she murmured, as she wiped her cheeks roughly.

"I know." I chuckled, rubbing my face with my hands.

"Thanks, G." Y/n whispered again. It was almost inaudible, but I heard. I definitely heard.

"You're welcome, I guess." I mumbled, at a loss for words. I felt my cheek bones heat up minutely, but ignored it. I was having too many conflicting emotions already, so I was not prepared to handle more.

After a few moments, she eventually fell back asleep, and I placed her back on the old sheets. Sucking in a deep breath, I slowly stood up from the hard bed. How she could sleep on this without being immensely uncomfortable was beyond me, but... Why did I care? She was a human!

I let out a small quiet groan as the conflict in my mind quickly gave me a headache, trudging towards the door.

In the morning, I would care less, maybe ignore her completely.

I would have to, otherwise...

No, that would not happen.

Never again.

-----------------------------------778---------45------0998-----------GY0----

I came up with the idea for this whilst at church O_o

Loool XD