22. Goodbye

Y/n P.O.V

-----------------------9--------

This time, I was glad I didn't wake up screaming. Making as little noise as possible was what I needed to do this.

I didn't want to leave G, but to keep him safe was for us to be away from each other. To say it was heart-wrenching was an understatement.

Whilst I slowly gathered my few belongings, tears weakly made their way down my raw cheeks. My hands shaking, I clutched my black backpack, and I looked over to the bedside table. How could I nearly forget it? To think all this time I hadn't graced a single thought for them - my family. Teardrops splattered harshly over their faces, as I held the old photo, etched with long-forgotten happiness.

What I was doing...

This was for the best.

G would be fine without me.

My tears continued to stream down my face, as I made no attempt to cut them off. Opening my wooden bedroom door, I cautiously tip toed out into the hallway, trying not to sniff loudly.The floorboards creaked beneath my weight, the light harshly flooding my eyes. Somehow, I chose the exact same clothes I wore when I first came here: all black. I pulled my hood up in an attempt to cover my face dark with bags, and my eyes red and sore from crying without stop.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. Hopefully not...

"What'cha doing dove?" G's deep voice sounded, unable to mask the confusion and curiosity. I swivelled around, my hair thankfully covering most of my face.

"I, erm, I'm just...getting some air..?" I stuttered, my voice croaky from crying. G noticed this, and he stepped closer to me, confused.

"Dove? But you have your bag with you? Have you...been crying?" His voice was soft, laced with concern. He reached an hand out to me, and I stumbled back, determined to not make it any harder than it should be. Even though it felt like my world was caving in on itself, and my heart was shattered to pieces. I coughed, refusing to let anymore tears fall.

"I'm fine! Yes, I'm okay.." I lied through my teeth, biting my tongue to hold back any sobs. Oh the guilt I felt when I looked into his eyes.

How I wished he would hold me.

His face echoed menacingly in my mind, reminding me of what I had to do. Fear danced in my eyes, as G studied me. He stepped closer again and said-

"You know you can trust me Y/n?" His voice sounded hurt, and my stomach twisted when I heard his words. Suddenly, a single tear slipped down my cheek, and G saw. I swiftly brushed it away, and his eyes widened in concern.

"I..I have to go..." I whispered, avoiding his eyes and turning away, leaving G standing in confused concern.

I speed walked down the stairs, and out of the front door, my bag thumping against my cold back.

Sobs overtook me, as I collapsed on the ground, choking on flowing tears.

Regaining what was left of my weak composure, I stood, the bitter wind coursing through my body. Finally, I turned to the house, and the door slowly opened, to again reveal G.

"Y/n? What are you doing? It's freezing outside," he began, in an attempt to bring me back. I heard his voice crack, but tried and failed to ignore it.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, melancholy building up inside of me like a torrential storm.

Just like he had planned, G's pupils disappeared from his sockets, and darkness engulfed him, as he collapsed on the hard ground. This was my cue. But I couldn't move. My legs refused to give up on him.

The end was beginning.

I had to run.

Run shattered,

Run broken,

Because that's all I knew how to do.

--------------------------------------------9///8---------=0-------------------------