39. Their People

Y/n
----------98-------

We stepped into the foyer of the building; it was surprisingly well-kept, despite this area of town being a magnet for the human's warfare. A few monsters rushed around, going in and out of doors with multitudes of papers in their hands. A desk sat near the front door, and a large fish like creature was... napping behind it?

G and Papyrus made their way towards the table, and I followed, not without gaining a few curious glances from the monsters scurrying to and fro. Hopefully they wouldn't make a move- after all, G did say that most of the monsters there had never actually seen a human. I just prayed that they wouldn't turn hostile in this small space. Home looked really nice right about now.

"Gloria, wake up." G spoke in a loud voice, referencing the fish creature behind the desk. She jumped from her sleep with a deep grunt, turning to scowl at G.

"Next time you wake me up like that I'll have your bony head." Gloria drawled out, her voice scratchy and nasally. She didn't seem to be in a good mood, so I just stuck to hiding behind the two tall skeletons.

"Yeah yeah whatever," G sighed, "We have to go to Higher Tier, so let us through, would ya'?" He flashed an ID card, but Gloria dismissed it like it was nothing.

"I'd recognise your white mug anywhere, now go so I can nap." she replied gruffly, pressing a button to the side of her. Suddenly, an elevator door to the side of the desk opened with a swift whoosh, and G and Papyrus stepped inside, waiting for me to join.

I snapped out of my trance after the meeting with Gloria and speed walked towards them, just in time for the doors to snap shut. Getting caught between them wouldn't be a pretty picture, now would it?

We stood in silence, faint energetic music playing from the speakers.

"Damn Mettaton, I hate this song.." G mumbled.

"Huh?" I questioned, obviously unknowing to the song that was playing.

"DEATH BY GLAMOUR! THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE SONG IN HIS ALBUM!" Papyrus squealed, swaying to the music. I giggled and shrugged, as G's scowl deepened.

Finally the doors opened as the song finished, and G bolted out of the confined elevator, seemingly relieved to be rid of the, what I thought, funky song.

We had stepped into yet another hallway, with wooden doors dotted along the wall. Suddenly, a voice sounded from down the hall.

"C-come on Flowey! H-he's n-not all t-that bad!" a high pitched voice stuttered, coming around the corner. A second voice was heard soon after-

"I don't CARE if he's not all that bad! He's annoying and SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN!!" the second voice shouted, sounding very, very irritated. If I had to meet this person, I wasn't sure if i was looking forward to it or not.

Eventually, the two voices came into sight. The first voice was of a medium height yellow dinosaur-type monster, wearing round glasses and a white lab coat over some more white clothes. In her hands was... a flower pot? With... a face?!

"A-ah! G! P-Papyrus!" she stuttered again, a huge smile adorning her face.

"Hey Alphys, Flowey." G replied, a smile also crossing his face to see his friend.

"DR ALPHYS! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? HELLO FLOWEY ALSO!" Papyrus shouted down the hall running to join his friends. I meekly followed behind.

"I've b-been good!" Alphys answered simply. Flowey rolled his eyes, a 'tch' escaping his mouth. I was slightly freaking out at the talking flower, but hey, what's new?

"Guys, I want you to meet Y/n. She is indeed a human, and she has been staying with us for the past month or so." G smiled, pushing me forward. Alphas' eyes widened at the sight of me, a human (gasp), and Flowey seemed a little surprised, but soon returned to his grumpy demeanour. 

"W-wow! It's been ages since I saw a-an actual h-human! Nice t-to meet you, Y/n!" Alphys grabbed my and shook it thoroughly.

"It's nice to meet y-you too!" I replied with a stutter of my own. The racing of my heart had slowed down slightly, but I was still sweating all the same.

"F-Flowey! Say hi!" she spoke again, looking down at the flower in her hands. He rolled his eyes and sighed before speaking:

"Howdy."

"Hey, Flowey." I chuckled.

His eyes lit up slightly, and a small smile crossed his face and vanished as soon as it came.

"Where are all the others?" G spoke, cutting through the small moment.

"In the main room. F-follow me!" Alphys chirped, turning and scurrying down the hall with us three in tow.

-------------------

"H-here we are!" Alphys said, pushing open a fairly large door at the centre of the hallway. Before it was even ajar, I could hear faint arguing coming from inside the room, only feeding my nerves. As if he could sense my anxiety, G patted my shoulder comfortingly, spurring me on with courage.

I pushed open the door, to be greeted with a large, mainly white room. There were numerous figures standing at the end of the room, and as soon as I had stepped inside, the raucous arguing had silenced. The figures stopped, and turned towards where we all stood. I gulped; you could cut through the tension in the air with a knife it was that quiet.

There was a bright pink flash where the group of people had stood, and suddenly, I was pinned up against the wall. My breaths came out in haggard shakes, as the shadows on the culprit's face finally cleared. A robot-type monster had an iron grip on my arms and neck, and was slowly squeezing the life out me. In a deep, smooth yet metallic voice, the monster finally spoke-

"To what to I owe this pleasure, darling?"

------35609-----98----1§[;;-------------------------7-------

DAAAAAAARLING!

Death By Glamour is one of my favourite Undertale songs ;)

Vote, comment, shareeeeeeeeeeee or I will eat your soul :)

-Bubbles