44. I Confess

Y/n's P.O.V

-----------88--99---------0----------

I gripped G's warm, bony hand as he led us down to the kitchen, where the smell of sweet, sweet pancakes was slowly wafting up from. Watching his back as he squeezed my hand comfortingly, I couldn't help but blush- I was truly blessed when it came to G.

In the kitchen, there was a bright yellow note stuck to the cupboard, with small cursive writing on it.

"'Asgore and I have gone to the Capital to attend to some matters, but feel free to help yourself to the pancakes! Toriel.'" I read out, as G eyed the stack of delicious-looking pancakes to the side of the note. At the literal speed of light, he grabbed a plate and a fork, swiping up some of the goodness to eat. He darted off to the sitting room, throwing a comment over his shoulder as he went-

"Tories's cooking is too good to be true so dig in right now!" I chuckled at his frenzied eagerness, and collected some of my own food, stepping to join him in the lounge.

------------

"How on Earth does he exert so much energy all the time?" I muttered, mouth brimming with golden syrup and chocolate.

"Well, he is a robot, Alphys probably hypes his energy levels up or something." G replied, finishing his stack of pancakes and staring fixated at the dancing pink robot on screen. His flexibility was quite a sight to behold.

"He is rather attractive, I see why Papyrus likes him so much." I commented, as G whipped his head around to look at me in disdain. I pretended not to notice, but couldn't help the giggles erupting from my mouth, now empty of food thankfully.

"What?!"

"Aha-ha, you should see your face right now!!" I chortled, clutching at my sides.

"Come on, doll, I'm wayyyy hotter than he is.." he grumbled, huffing and pouting.

"Oh come on, G! I'm only teasing, besides I didn't think I would get that reaction from ya'." I winked, as G's cheekbones turned a very familiar shade of yellow. He rolled his eyes, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me to his chest.

"Of course you would get that reaction, I love yo-" he stopped himself before he could say anymore, as my eyes widened in surprise.

"W-what? G?!"

"Nope, you heard nothing I have NO idea what you're talking about!" he rambled, desperately trying to hide his... mistake?

"Wait, so you don't?" I stopped, peering at him over the couch. His whole face lit up with a bright amber, and he wasn't even trying to hide it anymore.

"W-Well, I-I-" before he could even stutter anymore, I jumped over the sofa, grabbed his shirt in my fist, and kissed him right on the lips, silencing whatever complaints he could think of. The confidence quickly dissipated, as my entire face turned bright red.

"G, I... I think I love you." I confessed, my heart thumping wildly at the revelation. I had known it for a while now, it just never seemed... real, you know?

"After all we've been through, I just.. want to spend every second of my day, my life with you, because... I can't imagine it without you and-"

I was abruptly cut off as G pressed his mouth onto mine, wrapping his arms around my waist. Stunned, I quickly revived myself and hung my arms on his shoulders, melting at his burning touch. It was like a bolt of lightning, energy coursing through me. Maybe this was how Mettaton was so energetic all the time, maybe he and Papyrus were very... active?

Just before it could get anymore heated, G parted his mouth from mine, as we both gasped for air.

"I love you, Y/n, and nothing will ever change that." G finally spoke, his eyes searching my face for a reaction.

"I love you too." I smiled, butterflies erupting like fireworks in my stomach, leaning forward to kiss him again.

And I did love him, I knew for real this time.

This time, nothing would be able to break that bond, whatever life threw at us.

"OKAY GUYS BREAK IT UP!" a loud voice by the door shouted, and looking over there stood a grinning Papyrus with Undyne and Alphys at his heel.

Whoops!

--------------------

The sunshine broke through the grey clouds scattered through the sky, finally ridding the atmosphere of the mournful rain that had cascaded down just a moment before. Monsters of varying sizes and colours walked through the streets, laughing and smiling with each other. What was amazing to see was the life that ran through these pathways, through the houses, not missing a step. It was an immense contrast to the bleak cities filled with miserable humans, still ruined and flattened by the strike of the war- here, monsters had decided to pick themselves up and continue loving and living, simply grateful for fresh air and seeing the sun for the first time in decades. Not all here were perfectly thankful though. I felt their glares burning into the back of my head as we passed, and their grumbles and whispers only fed the greedy pit of anxiety in my gut. It was understandable, obviously. 

A flash of yellow zoomed by, and turning my head I saw the child who was at the training ground, fighting Undyne. M.K, I think it was?

"Yo! Undyne! Some kids beat me up today, and I hit them back!" M.K jumped up and down with such energy I half-expected him to start flying into the sky.

"Hey, they ever bother you again, make sure to tell me." Undyne replied, ruffling the small monster's head with affection. It was a surprising sight to see - heart-warming all the same.

"Will do!" he nodded, turning to bounce down the street.

"See ya punk!" Undyne yelled after him, shaking her fist in the air.

I was slightly disappointed to not meet M.K, but there was always time for that later.

"ONWARDS! WE NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE HEADQUARTERS SOON!" Papyrus announced, marching forth in his immaculate battle-bod. The three (Undyne, Papyrus and Alphys) had come to pick G and I up in the morning, and now we were headed to the centre of the city. I wasn't sure what else we were going to be discussing, but I knew it would be important. Sure, all the heavy topics were making my head thump and my ears ring, but it was necessary to ensure we had the upper hand if Chara was ever to come back, or if we faced any other threat.

And believe me, I knew there were many out there.

---------09------898989--------54---22----------------------------

Hallaaaaaaaaaaaa