42. The Beginnings

Y/n

---------99------8---------

"So they're still a threat?!"

"Yes, but-"

"There are no but's, Sans! Why didn't you get rid of them when you had the chance?!"

"We didn't have any magical energy left, Undyne! We couldn't have done anymore!"

"I think that's just a petty excuse for laziness."

"Well you're wrong. We left her incapacitated-"

"But still alive."

"-so that proves that we can defeat her!"

I sighed, sinking down into my seat. Their voices were a constant ringing in my ears, as I groaned internally. Alphys squirmed in her seat, looking on at G and Undyne having a battle of 'who can shout the loudest'. In the whole room, those two were the ones with the largest pride, and were the most headstrong. An argument between them was something one would not enjoy in the slightest.

We were all sat around a large table, like the round one out from that show with a dude called Arthur, and a bunch of his knights or something. Toriel had returned to be a part of the discussion, as she was technically the queen of the monsters -but refused that title, and Mettaton still was no where in sight. I couldn't imagine he would care for this type of thing. The future of the world, monsters and humans alike, etc, etc.

Looking around the table, I caught Toriel and Asgore sharing a tired expression. G and Undyne had been arguing ever since the beginning of the discussion, obviously talking about Chara. The biggest problem we had at the moment. Sitting across the table from me, Asgore took a deep, lengthy breath before standing up slowly, almost as if he was in pain. I think we all were, to be honest.

"G, Undyne, sit down at once." he spoke, a deep quiet rumbling sound.

Nothing happened.

An exasperated look crossed his face as the two continued to shout senseless profanities as each other. With an eerie calm pictured on her face, Toriel tugged Asgore, signalling him to sit, and stood up on her own accord. I barely knew this woman, but whatever was about to entail, I was wary of.

"G! UNDYNE! SILENCE AT ONCE!" the constantly quiet and kind lady I first met was completely replaced, as she bellowed at the top of her voice. I jumped in my seat, as did literally everyone in the room. An expression of fear overtook Asgore's previous one, and as comical as it was, I too was slightly afraid. Hey, you would be too!

G and Undyne reeled back in shock, but quickly recovered themselves and sat at the speed of light.

"Right. If you two will not behave civilly, then I shall have you removed. Understand?" Toriel spoke, with an authority overtaking even the King.

"Finally. So, Y/n, it was mentioned earlier that you discovered some magical powers in your time in the void?" Asgore questioned, turning to face me. I ignored the familiar anxiety in the pit of my stomach, and answered.

"Yes. I discovered them whilst we were fighting with Chara."

"And you never used them beforehand?"

"Never, sir." I gulped, the earlier formalities coming out again.

"Please, you can call me Asgore." he smiled, and the feeling in my stomach partially ebbed away.

"Alphys? Do you know anything about the subject matter?" he continued, turning to look at the quivering dinosaur beside him.

"W-well," she adjusted her glasses, "There have been h-humans with, ehem, magical qualities before."

"Yes, there were the ones in the very beginning, but that was decades ago."

"B-but there have been descendants. L-like Frisk-"

"Don't say her name." G's voice cracked, as he swallowed painfully. Studying him, a panicked expression flickered across his white face, for only a split second, before resuming to his earlier guarded persona. The name infinitely rang a bell, and that swirling pit of anxiety and fear bubbled up again in the bottom of my stomach. Whoever they were, I didn't want to hear that name again. It felt like amnesia, trying to wrack my brain of any connections to 'Frisk'.

I knew that name, I know I did.

But who were they? And why did I know it?

"R-right. As I w-was saying, Y/n c-could have been related to one of the w-wizards at the time of the banishment."

All these phrases, they hurt my brain as I tried, but failed (as always) to remember, to remember anything.

But nothing came up.

I knew it had something to do with Chara, all the things she had said about my past, what I had done.

Flashes of the memories reappeared in my mind, sending a fearful chill down my spine.

All the blood, the knife, that... hallway.

I knew I recognised it, but where was it from?

The name bounced around in my mind before it finally, and unfortunately settled.

"Judgement Hall."

---------01010------666//;]--------8------/9----222----

eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

;)

Edit: 6/7/17

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 50K!!!

We've come such a long way, and I cannot believe my eyes! In the beginning when I first got Wattpad, I wrote this book because I saw so many others writing awesome books, specifically on Echotale, and Reader x Character relationships. I did not think I would be here, sitting on a bed in front of a laptop with 50K reads on a fan fiction!!

I'm rambling, but I just want to thank each and everyone of you for commenting, voting, or just reading. You guys mean so much to me, and I love and appreciate you all.

Here's to more chapters, more drama, and maybe even a sequel???

(Can we just appreciate G in his purity he's awesome don't cha' think?)

Anyway, thanks guys again.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!

-Bubbles :3