28. Their Cruel Fate

G's P.O.V

--------------------------8

A familiar darkness.

A nauseous bleakness.

The place where only the damned could reside.

With a sickening crunch my body collapsed onto what seemed to be solid ground. It was more like a churning vortex that didn't make my stomach settle well, so I was glad I didn't have motion sickness. This whole turn of events was enough to make me emotionally ill.

I remembered what had just happened- he arrived to taunt me and tease me, and I had pathetically begged for the place I thought I would never want to go to again.

Pain ringed throughout my head and body, but there were no outside wounds, so at least that was something positive. Despite this, fatigue gripped me like a scared child, pressing on my spine, as if I was heavily ill.

I had to continue on, for her. If he had done anything to my dove, my dove, hell would break lose and even that was a better place to be than here. Darkness stretched out before me, with no sign of light or life.

Perfect, I thought to myself, sluggishly rising to my feet. I would get no where lying like a dead worm on the floor. My black combat boots strangely echoed against the hard floor, suggesting it was man made material beneath my feet. Wasn't exactly helpful, but it comforted me slightly.

I wandered for what seemed like hours, before coming up to a source of light. But this was...new, different to the miles of shadow I had just been trekking through, searching for...

A sign of life?

Anything really.

What stood before me was a pristine white door, placed between nothing and a shadow. Glaring light rippled through the cracks, and the soft hum of electronics could be heard, barely audible, but still there.

After nothing but gloom, this new found light should have felt like a life-saver, but it couldn't replace the definite feeling of dread and trepidation coursing through my veins.

This had to be it.

And so, I stepped forward, still cautiously eyeing the door. Taking a well needed breath, I pressed my hand against the cold material, slowly opening it. It leant away from my touch, lazily swinging open, to reveal a spotless white room.

I treaded forwards, a spark of bravery lighting up in me. Before me, perhaps a good 5 meters away, sat a hospital styled bed, framed in metal and placed facing away from me so that I could not see it fully. Further back was a white banister, wrapping and circling around what seemed to be small glass cylinders. Small, but still relatively large.

Along the side of the slightly shadowed room, was a stretch of white desks, with creased blueprints tacked to the wall. It looked like an eerie science lab, not contributing to a wanted peace of mind. Chemical cannisters and beakers littered the surface of the tables and papers were strewn about, as if someone had desperately been looking for something.

This strange lab was not what unnerved me however.

What did chill me to the core was a immaculate, white lab coat, hung on a black swivel chair.

It was something, a memory, that I was desperate to make foreign in my mind, but to no avail. Here I was, only replaying the past, in a fear unknown to the innocent.

A paralyzing fear that made death seem laughable.

I couldn't be here.

I couldn't do this again!

"G!"

Sweat dripped down my forehead, as I remembered.

I wasn't here for myself, heck no.

I was here for her.

I cursed my selfishness; how could I even forget? She, Y/n, made all this pain bearable. She was the glimmering hope in a world without none.

My world.

Turning away from the repulsive coat, I once more looked at the curious room I had fallen upon.

Suddenly, a rustle sounded from in the corner of the room, like someone had moved. My head snapped around, as I eyed my surroundings, confused at where it had come from.

Again, a creak or a swish of clothes resonated from...

The bed?

Someone was in here?

A dim amber flame ignited in my right eye, as I steadily walked towards it. Coughing and spluttering arose from behind the frame, only making me more cautious, and I'll admit, scared.

Finally I reached the bed, and gripped the metal bar to turn it towards me.

I definitely was not prepared for what I saw.

Reddish brown stains marked the pure white sheets, with the eerie resemblance of blood. A body, a person was lying on the thin mattress, doubling over in pain.

They had messy, h/c hair and pale, sickly looking skin.

They had a dirtied red bandage wrapped untidyly around their eyes, covering the majority of their face.

They had chapped pink lips, which exhaled a weak breath after another.

The words that soon left them were enough to make me collapse, enough to make me forget how to breath.

"G? Is that... you?"

-------------010-----------8/\9---------*!#-----------------------