14. Futile Rest

Y/n P.O.V

-------------------------8------1------

You can't do anything Y/n...

The nightmares won't stop...

Your fear will not end...

I will not rest...

until you are dead.

------

I shot up, as the slimy voice filled my mind, cackling like a witch in my head. What was this? WHO was this?

 Even though I felt like I had never heard the voice before, somehow it was chillingly familiar. The sheets on the bed stuck to my body like cling film, sweat dripping from my face. My breaths were hoarse and rapid and I felt tears slide down my already soaked cheeks. It felt like my first night here as the shadows twisted and formed horrifying shapes, too familiar for my own liking. Bile rose in my throat as strangled cries bounced off every wall in that room. Fatigue felt like a ton of bricks on my back, but I couldn't stop. My eyes were like taps that couldn't be turned off.

The voice was right.

I didn't think these nightmares would ever end.

The torn up corpses of my deceased family lay strewn across the open room, as I guiltily raced away from my bombed home, the ash in the air sticking to my face from the shattered constructions. The scenes around me were enough trauma, let alone the gaping hole of loss left in my soul; people screaming and sobbing, dead children lying at their feet, constant shells hurtling into the ripped up concrete. People ran to and fro, without escape. There was no mercy for the innocent. Kids screamed for their mothers, whilst parents ran frantically, calling for their dead children, already taken by the raids. Fear was like a thick gas contaminating the lungs of all who breathed it in- it was choking, suffocating.

I never was an athlete, but oh, how I ran; how I ran from that day. From all the death, and suffering, thinking I could forget it, thinking if I ran far enough, I could get away from it.

But once you get a wound, the scar never really leaves.

I found myself shoving my face into a pillow to mute the cries pouring from my voice, forgetting the other sleeping residents of this house, as my knuckles turned white. My messy hair clung to my face, perspiration forming on my forehead and neck. The open window sent a biting breeze through the room, as goosebumps erupted on my skin, whilst my chest heaved in random rhythm, sending me into hyperventilation. It was a nightmare, a terrifying, petrifying vision that wouldn't pause for rest, that wouldn't go away.

When would it stop?

-------------------8--------x9-------------------9-----------0-------

G's P.O.V

I awoke from my somewhat peaceful slumber, and sat up in my dark room. I was barely able to see around me, but I knew something was wrong. I could just... sense it. Maybe it was my magic, or my ordinary senses, but something wasn't right at this moment. I stumbled out of my bed, shaking off the tiredness and slowly turned my head to look at the ticking clock on the far wall, just able to make out the numbers.

2...

2:40 am?

Wow, I was an early bird.

Continuing on my search for whatever didn't seem right, I sluggishly walked into the dimly lit hallway. Pap's door was to my right, where Y/n's was to my left. I checked up on my brother, to find he was sleeping soundly in his large, car shaped bed.

Satisfied, I walked towards Y/n's room. Soft sobs could be heard from outside the door, as my eyes widened, a dim amber flame lighting up in one. I opened the door to find Y/n clutching herself, sitting up in her bed, her cries shaky and breaking up occasionally. A frown made its way onto my face as memories of that first night filled me with nostalgia.

My feet thudded on the ground as I jogged over to her and hearing my footsteps, she immediately snapped her gaze up to me, her glassy eyes reflecting the moon outside. Her face flushed as she turned her head away quickly. I frowned, my shoulders sagging as I sat beside her on the bed. She tensed up to my sudden presence but then quickly relaxed and turned around, wrapping her arms around me and burying her face in my chest.

Remembering a technique I used to use when putting young Papyrus to bed, I began to whisper a calming song in her ear, almost silently, as her cries slowly but surely softened.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down...

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now...

The morning light, you and I'll be

Safe

And

Sound."

-----------------8x9<----------------------3-------------00---------

Hope you guys enjoyed..

I sure did <3

(I ship these guys so dang hard XD)