38. Changes

Y/n
-------------9---

"WOWIE... YOU TWO HAVE HAD QUITE THE ADVENTURE." Papyrus spoke with a frown upon his face, after listening to G and I recall all that had happened over the past week or less.

"HE IS REALLY DEAD.." he murmured, the same frown deepening more.

"Yup." G sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

We had finally finished breakfast, and it was reaching noon. The once full plates of spaghetti had now emptied, and we all sat around the wooden table, that I had not sat at for, what seemed like, a very long time.

"So... What now?"

It was the question that had been running through my mind all morning. If Gaster was dead, and Chara having disappeared, then what would happen now? Would they kick me out? Or worse?

G must have seen the lines of worry making their way onto my face, as he leaned over to squeeze my hand in comfort.

"Hey, Y/n, whatever we do, we do it together." he smiled warmly. Immediately, the same smile appeared on my face, as all doubts and worries were eradicated from my mind.

"Me and Pap were talking this morning," G continued, "And we think that... This can't be a secret anymore."

Remember those forgotten worries? Yeah, they're back.

"W-What do you mean?" I questioned, my hand slipping out of his grip. Flashbacks of the day Undyne visited were my only thoughts as G straightened his back to explain.

"What I mean is, we wanna introduce you to our monster friends. They will love you in time!" G reassured me, as Papyrus nodded his head fervently.

"YES ESPECIALLY THE KING AND QUEEN!" The simple mention of the word 'King' made me gulp.

"OH DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM! HE IS A BIG FLUFFY PUSHOVER!!" Papyruse exclaimed, causing G and I to chuckle at his remark. Swiftly, he gathered up plates in one arm, and dashed towards the kitchen.

The thought of meeting more monsters who would most probably dislike me only made me worry more. I bit my nails, staring off into the distance.

"Hey, doll.. Don't worry about it." G spoke softly. Turning to his gentle voice, I was met with a delicate intimacy in his white/amber eyes. He leaned forward, placing a finger on my chin, and placed his mouth on mine. It was unexpected- but welcomed. The kiss was gentle and calming, much like the others.

The same vanilla and toffee greeted my lips again, and the kiss lasted for a few seconds before we broke off, resting our foreheads against eachother.

"We don't do that enough." I chuckled, lacing his hand in mine.

"Agreed." G replied, a smile passing onto his face.

--------010-------

"Are you ready Y/n? We really gotta go now." G's voice sounded outside the bedroom door, muffled by the thick wood. I took one final glance at my less than formal outfit- dark skinny jeans and a white blouse. I didn't feel overly comfortable at what was about to happen, but if I didn't want a rehash of Undyne's visit, then this is what had to happen. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to see G in his usual outfit: black jeans, a dark grey turtle neck underneath the same leather jacket. It was a nice sight.

"If you're finished checking me out, let's go." he smirked, folding his arms over his monochromatic clothes. If there was ever a contest for the best impression of a tomato, I would win. There would be no questioning it. I shoved past him, fighting back the smile he always seemed to be able to bring out.

Papyrus stood by the door, wearing his spotless as always battle-bod.

"ARE YOU READY?!" Papyrus squealed like a little girl, obviously very excited to go.

"Chill Pap, you'll be able to see Mettaton soon enough.." G winked. As soon as those words left his mouth Papyrus' face turned a bright orange. An interesting sight to see, but confusing none the less.

"Who's Mettaton?" I questioned, slipping on my converses by the door.

"You'll meet him soon enough." G chuckled, as he placed an arm around my waste.

"LET'S JUST GO.." Papyrus huffed with an adorable frown on his face. He set his hand on G's shoulder, and before I knew it, we were teleporting through the fabrics of time.

It wasn't that fancy, but I like to think so anyway.

--------------

As soon as the familiar wave of nausea left, I was able to look around without throwing up. It was only my second or third time, people.

A large building sat in front of us, with monsters of every variety milling about inside and out. Some of the bricks were missing, or cracked, but that was to be expected after the war. Looking around further, the roads and pavements were pretty much crowded with them all. Not too congested for it to be out of my comfort zone, but enough for it to look like a capital. And that's exactly what it was.

The Monster Capital.

To say I was nervous was an understatement.

Here I was, the only human in an immense throng of monsters, the race that hated my own. Despite the difference in race, the feeling wasn't mutual.

"Doll, it's alright, I'm here." G whispered next to my ear, bringing me back down to Earth. He squeezed my hand and I squeezed back, smiling to myself.

Papyrus was already heading up the steps by the time G and I had finished our little heart-to-heart. He beckoned us, his pearly white bones catching the afternoon sun.

This was it.

Time to meet some monsters who hopefully wouldn't kill me.

Hopefully.

-------------8989-----6----------------------------010--------435-------------