Chapter 4- Pizza Night

As I was pushed back into the kitchen by Gracie I smiled down at her and gave her a good head rub and walked over to the other side of the island and washed my hands.

"Ok, I'll stay on one condition if I can help you with the pizza" I smiled with my hand on my hip.

"Fine just no cooking," he countered

"Fine," I said and walked over to the fridge and got out the cheese and the meat he decided he wanted to put on it with some other toppings keeping it half the way he wanted and the other half what I wanted.

As I grabbed the other apron I went and spread on some sauce on my side and then added my meat choices and some pineapple and topped it with cheese.

"Don't give me that look mine will be better than yours," I smirked confidently at him and put the apron back on the hook and went and sat on the counter eating the leftover pineapple.

"So good and sweet not sour at all." I smiled and when he came over and took some with his bare hands, I gasped "no mine!" And tried to take it away all in good fun.

"You're right sweet," he said and Winked as I rolled my eyes

"Paws off my fruit" I said and got up and finished it off and went and washed the bowl, then putting it away, then putting the rest of the dishes in the washer and cleaned up the other mess as the pizzas cooked and heard his phone go off with a message notification here and there then when he got on every time he sent one off a few seconds later another one came in. It was none of my business who he was texting, but none the less I was still curious.

About ten minutes later the pizza was done, I sat patiently as he let it set up, then cut it and handed him plates and sat there at the island.

As you got the plates back, I set them at the seat beside me and waited for him to come around as I was taking a drink of my water he spoke up.

"So about the other night I want you to know I'm sorry about that, it was a bad call and it won't happen again" he apologized again.

"Zak, it's ok It's over with no need to dwell on it," I told him as I started to dig into my slice of pizza.

After a few bites in he spoke again.

"So how's dating life treating ya?" he asked, causing me to cough a little

"I'm sorry?" I asked him.

"How's dating life?" he asked, amused as his phone kept getting notifications on it, letting him know he had a message, tweet, text from someone who seemed to be very needy tonight.

"How's yours?" I said not really wanting to know, but I'm sure he was gonna tell me anyways, as I continued to eat my slice of pizza.

"Can't complain" he shrugged

"Seriously? I highly doubt that," I said to myself with an eye-roll, which I'm thankful he didn't catch.

Just as I was about to speak up his phone dinged for about the sixth time in the last fifteen minutes with a head shake and my better judgement I spoke up anyways

"Is that the same girl from the other night?" I asked

He looked up and shook his head no "no, no one important." he said and turned his phone over so it was facing screen side down.

Oh sure it wasn't.

"Well what ever happened to her? Does she have a name? How serious is it? Do you expect me to work for her too?" I bombarded him with more and more questions and I couldn't tell if he was either getting angry or amused.