Late Night Cravings

I unlocked my phone screen seeing it was only about 9:30 p.m. I heard Zak making noise in the kitchen from the bedroom. Smiling I went to the bathroom and cleaned herself up after the recent events. I wiped my face and seen the red marks on my shoulders knowing more were soon to follow, I bruised easy. Walking out I slid on some shorts and grabbed his shirt he was wearing earlier.

I walked down the stairs and found him behind the counter looking in all of the cupboards.

"Zak? What are you looking for?"

"Uh a big bowl," he said

"Underneath there," I said pointing to the cabinet behind him.

"Thanks" he smiled and began pulling stuff out of the cabinets and the fridge.

"What are you making?" I asked coming round the island.

"Pizza, haven't made it for a while, not since last time," he said smiling about the last time we had it.

"What?" I said.

"Last time I made this.." he started

"You stole my pineapple and I still haven't fully forgiven you for that" I smiled.

"How can I make it up to you?" He smirked coming closer.

"I'll think about it," I said. "Can I help now?" I asked.

"Nope," he said

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I can't let anyone have the secret recipe grandmas rule," he said.

"So no girlfriend knows how to make this?" I said

"Nope," he said.

"Well none of them knew how to cook" I deadpanned.

"True which is one of the things I like about you" he smiled.

"That I can feed you and don't have to rely on takeout to save you?" I said

"Yes and because you've seen me when I'm editing and know how long we stay at it and you'll go and make me and whoever is helping me something small until you throw together a quick meal for everyone. Plus you ask if myself or anyone is even hungry and even when we say oh I'm not hungry you know it's a lie and fed me anyway." He said.

"Well I know how hard you work and I worry ok I'm a worrier I take after my mom making sure everyone has what they need except for herself," I said.

"Right and besides I couldn't give it to you if I wanted too has to be family only," he said.

"Right grandmas rule only marriage," I said making him nod smiling. 

I turned and opened the fridge seeing that I had one Smirnoff left I took it and headed outside.

"Where are you going?" He said.

"Just finishing this last drink, enjoy the night sky, seeing all the stars," I said and slid the door open and shut walking onto the patio sitting down on the couch that was settled around a large fire pit. 

She twisted the cap off the metal hurt her hand but not enough to do any damage to them.

She pressed the bottle to her lips and she sipped the cold grape flavored drink.

It was night time the stars were out and you could see almost everything out there.

She leaned back thinking and that was usually if not always a good thing. 

Sipping on the bottle she looked up at the stars thinking sure she still had some making up to do with him with the constant fights and me always over thinking every detail, It was time to go back to the old me, the me that didn't have a care in the world except for making her boss/one time lover, now two times.