You Just Played Your Ace

The next morning came all too soon, I started to stir awake when I felt fingers pushing my hair from my cheek, the light tickle from the hair and his fingers made me bury my face into Zak's chest, groaning. I was never the morning person unless I knew I had to get up like a holiday morning, or knew it was something important.

"Come on sweetie, you know we got to get going soon" I heard him whisper in my ear.

"No, Five more minutes" I yawned.

"Nope, shower in two," he said, and I groaned more. "Wow, I never noticed how grumpy you were in the morning." he smirked.

"I'm Grumpy when I don't get very much sleep Mr. Bad dreams and nice kisses" I mumbled and held my mouth right after It had been released from my lips like it were a secret. He already knew that.

"Just get your cute ass in the shower before I take advantage of you in my shirt and your lace panties" he smiled.

Hearing that replayed a scene from last night, that I never should have agreed to, but, the kiss never should have happened, but it felt so good at the time with me and Jesse were away from each other and him giving me the cold shoulder, I needed that kiss, Yes, it was wrong, Yes I would try to never let it happen again but the truth was he knew he was my one weakness and always would be.

I snapped back to reality, when I seen him walk over my way in just his boxers making his way over to me.

"Where'd you go?" he asked softly touching my cheek.

"I... Was just thinking about when things were good is all." I shrugged the little white lie would never hurt.

He nodded and went to kiss my forehead, I bit my lip and let it happen but that's all I let happen.

"I got to shower" I reminded him and walked out of his room and into mine sighing behind the closed door, praying to god that this feeling would just go away.

-------------------

After showers everyone was grabbing their things and putting them in the little trailer that they pulled behind the R.V.

I put my things in last with my hair still damp and shoes untied coat unzipped I locked it up knowing we had everything in the R.V.

I leaned against the door and pulled my hair up into my bun and bend down to tie my shoes, Bacon walked up having his smoke before we started on the road.

"Hey, I asked Zak already, is it ok if I stop at a store on the way? I need to get these shoes for my kid, he's been bugging about and the site said they had them...." he said, making me smile.

"Bacon, It's fine, You're a good Dad." I told him smiling. "Something I can say about myself is that if my family ever needs anything, I do my best to get it for them and keep them happy, I miss them something terrible, but with the falling out between me and another person and that led to me never being able to see them again," I said, hanging my head, trying not to get emotional about it, but it was like a knife to the heart every time I thought about these children whom I've treated as my own for so long to suddenly have them taken from me, it kills me a little bit every day.

"Hey, you never know you'll see them again yah?" he said with hope.

"Yah, when they're grown adults" I looked up and sniffled wiping my eyes quickly.

When I saw Zak he gave me the what's wrong look and I just shook my head "I'm fine," I said and took one more look around the house and made sure we had everything and the keys were left in the same spot where we found them and I got into the R.V.