Home - Where The Trouble Is

*A week later*

It's been a week, it's been a week since the last lock down since Zak's brutal attack on himself and his fight with Jay, and one week and counting were I turned down the man I was head over heels for. Maybe I should have just slept with him, then all this, whatever it was between us wouldn't be there. But then again that may have caused more drama between us than there was now. 

Currently I was lying in bed in the early morning hours debating on if I should go into work in a few hours, what would I walk into today? More mood swings, cold shoulder, or staying in his room, office or the museum. He was avoiding me and I didn't understand it. Maybe that night triggered something and he didn't like me in that way, maybe I scared him off, maybe it's just me and he can't stand the sight of me.

With a heavy sigh, I got out of bed and decided to get a shower and go to work. 

An hour later I arrived at his home and I walked in greeted by my favorite girl.

"Hi sweetheart how's my girl today, huh?" I smiled and petted her head and back, walking to the kitchen I gave her her morning treat that I always gave her.

"You shouldn't do that," I heard Zak speak causing me to jump.

"Why's that?" I said, giving her the treat

"She'll expect it," he said

"And that's a bad thing?" I countered

"It is when you are not here, what's going to happen when you go on vacation, or have time off" he said.

"Then she's more excited for the next time she sees me" I shrugged

"Yah, just another one getting someones hopes up," he mumbled and i looked at him just as Cece walked in. 

"Morning," she said, looking at me then him.

"Am I missing something?" I asked. As Zak just got up and left the room. 

I looked at him and then her. 

"Not to sound rude, but..what's going on? Why are you here?" I asked her.

"Zak asked me to come in for a while," she stated

"Okay..Am I being fired?" I asked, suddenly feeling a bit emotional.

"No, no of course not, " she said making me sigh in relief.

"Then be straight with me please" I asked, sitting down at the island.

"Britt, the line between boss and employee has been blurred" she said

"W..." I started and sucked my lips to shut up

"Last week, was rough on us all including Zak, He told me everything that happened and i think it's best you take the day off," she started

"What why?" I asked, starting to get angry.

"First off you are employed by him and work under me you DO NOT tell him what to do you speak when spoken to you ASSIST and nothing else as for your little stunt you're lucky you're not fired as of right now you're on probation until I see fit is that clear?" she ordered

I sat there dumbfounded I couldn't believe what had just happened. 

"Fine, but the next time I'm with him in a hotel I want my own room now and if he needs someone at 3 A.M. I'll tell him to call you for the nightmares and night terrors he has when he was so fucking scared out of his own goddamn mind he didn't want to sleep, he kissed me, not the other way around, yes, I would have slept with him, but I didn't want to have the awkwardness between us, oops too late for that" I shook my head grabbing my things and walking to the door with Gracie barking I seen him sitting on the stairs shaking my head.