Dream A Little Dream Of Me...

Zak POV

I rolled over in the warmness of my bed, reaching out as far as my arm would let me, I found a leg, which joined a hip. It was my light touches that caused a giggle in the air.

"Morning," Britt whispered rubbing my arm as I grumbled realizing she was sitting up and not laying down beside me for a cuddle.

"Why are you up?"

"I can't sleep anymore. Plus I made breakfast. Come on.." She replied patting my hand.

I lifted my eyelid enough to see her red hair and blue eyes framed by glasses. "I brought it to bed Mr. 'Cause I know you're not one to get up early and.... It's still pretty early." She explained.

Rolling onto my back, I stared at the ceiling wondering why I was awoken, surely we should be all curled up and warm, like a dormice but we weren't .. We were awake, Britt was wide awake.

I pulled myself up in the bed and rubbed life into my face when I saw her smiling happily beside me. "What?"

"Nothing.." She answered looking away shyly.

"Have I got drool on my face?" I questioned feeling conscious suddenly.

"No.. You look perfect."

I smirked, "Oh do I?"

Her cheeks flushed at my change of tone and I sat back wrapping my arm around her shoulders. Britt shifted the tray onto my lap making me look down to see a stack of pancakes with maple syrup, raspberries, blueberries and a small square of butter melting away on the top.

"Oh wow." I admired.

"I made them .. Don't laugh if they aren't perfect."

I had spotted one that was a little off shape but to me, they were perfect because she had made them herself. "They are brilliant," I replied causing a grin to spill across her face.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Well .. Enjoy." She replied with her own tray on her lap.

Together we sat in bed eating breakfast, under the warmth of the bedding. Gracie draped across the bottom of the bed fast asleep. "What's your plans today?" She asked making me look over at her.

"Museum .. You?"

She chuckled gently "Where ever you go, I follow of course."

As she continued on eating, I looked down at her hand seeing a wedding band across her fingers. "Hey what's that?" I frowned.

"What's what?" She paused looking.

"On your hand." I pointed to it.

Her lips pulled a smile "What do you mean? It's my wedding band silly."

"I know, but who did you marry? Are you still married to Jesse?" I asked feeling a little freaked out at how she's here in my bed.

"I- Zak are you feeling okay?" She frowned pushing her hand on my forehead. "Can't you remember the divorce?" She asked.

"To who?"

"Jesse? I- I lost my home?"

I shook my head "No, no you didn't."

"Zak look at your fingers."

My eyes snapped down to my hands and I froze seeing an identical band. "Me? You're married to me?!"