I'm sorry...

"Jesse" I breathed.

"You look like shit..I'm hoping it's because of what you've done to me but I highly doubt that," he said.

My heart was in my throat as I tried to talk but nothing would come out.

"Can we not do this here?" He asked me nodding I moved out of the way so he could come in.

"Cleaning again? What's up he kick you out already?" He said.

Sighing I found my voice "no he hasn't we just had a misunderstanding about something" I told him.

"What found the other women?" He said.

"Enough!" She yelled "what do you want Jesse!? To make me feel worse than I already do impossible! so tell me what you want" she said

Here" he said tossing a folder to my hands.

I opened it up and low and behold there were the divorce papers both our names on the top. Taking a deep breath I walked to the table grabbed a pen and signed where I was supposed to and handed him the papers "here goodbye" she said.

"You're the one who did this Britt.." he said.

"Yah I know" she sniffled and sat on her steps.

"Don't do this. Don't make me the bad guy.." he said.

"You're not ok it's all me it's always been me I'm the problem. Can't have a meaningful relationship because I'm hung up on my boss been told can't have kids can't-do this can't-do that I'm nothing.." she broke into her hands and felt arms wrap around her.

"I did want us to work I did in the beginning but he was so persistent and I was so fucking week you deserve someone so much better than me Jesse you do," she said.

"All I wanted was you though" he looked at me.

"And I'm paying for it now trust me. Just don't think about me anymore soon I'll be this distant memory where you had this crazy relationship with a redhead that you'll tell your kids someday that she wasn't the best girl but she was nice and that when you met their mom that was it for you I want that for you. I really do wish for you to be happy again." I told him as he wiped my eyes.

"I love you" he spoke softly making me close my eyes and look away as the tears came.

"I loved you too." she said and with one last hug he got up stood me up wiped my tears away and gave me a small kiss goodbye.

And then he was gone out of my life for the rest of my life and I was sat at home, all alone.

I had just gotten up off my couch from a nap to make me something for dinner when I checked my phone nothing which I found it kind of odd that he hadn't even attempted to try and call me to tell me he was sorry for calling me just like the rest of them.

The nerve of that man.

I looked in my fridge and remember that I haven't been home and needed groceries.

I grabbed my bag put sandals on put my hair in a messy I don't give any fucks bun and walked out my front door into a six foot, two man at my doorstep.

"What..." I started

"Before you start giving me another lecture you're so good at giving let me explain..." he said as I closed my mouth.

"Won't say another word," she said

"I'm sorry for last night we were both on edge and tired hungry, and I shouldn't have said what I did and I'm so sorry..." he said and I nodded.