(5) Run

Hi yo Crazeeps!

It's been sooooo looong! 😀 I missed you guys!

If you are reading this, which I doubt you did since you've probably read the story before reading this author's note, hi !

Well, I wouldn't be extending your torture !

Enjoy 😊

●◇◇•••◇◇◇◇•••••◇◇◇◇◇•••••••◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇•••••••••◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇•••••••••••◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇•••••••••◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇••••••◇◇◇◇◇◇•••••◇◇◇◇•••◇◇●

"If a dragon is a flying animal, a fly is a flying insect, then what is a dragonfly?"

I stared at the television with a bored expression. "Lame," I muttered in a bored tone, and just as I said that, my head slumped on the table.

The host of the tv show continued smiling as the camera shows the curious-looking children.

Is this even college?

Mr. Maaga, that old hag, ersh, wizard, paused the show and asked us, "So, what is a dragonfly?"

"A living thing." I snorted silently as I fumble with my pen.

"Did you say something, Ms. Langston?" He frowned at me, immediately making me the center of attention in the room.

"Sir," I paused, "No, I didn't say anything."

He raised an eyebrow, "Are you calling me a liar, Ms. Langston?"

"No, but a deaf will do." I thought sarcastically, crumpling my scratch paper to keep myself from laughing with my own thoughts.

"EXCUSE ME?!"

My eyes widened in shock when I realized that I didn't think it silently.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered, "I... I didn't mean to say that out loud-"

"BUT YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT IT, MS. LANGSTON." He snapped angrily, "Leave my class."

This time, I was the one who asked him indecorously, "Excuse me?!"

"You're excused." He sneered angrily before walking back to where he was and crossed his arms, "I'm not going to start my discussion with you, Ms. Langston."

Growling silently, I stood up and left the damn room. I have to get out of this hell hole. I need to.

Who does he think he is?!

The teacher. No, the professor.

But that doesn't mean that he can just kick me out of the room!

For the record, I was rude. You were.

I threw the crumpled paper on the trash bin when I went into my dorm room.

I hate arguing with myself. Why? Because I like to think that I'm always right, and if both me's are arguing whether which one is right, one of the me's is right which also means that one of the me's is wrong. And I don't like that. Hey, I prefer being called as a know-it-all than a person who doesn't in the first place. I guess I'm arrogant, but still, as long as I'm right, right?

After some time, like literally hours of pouting, sleeping, then pitying myself, I've decided to do go treat myself with an ice cream.

Grabbing my brown coat, I wore it and noticed that it's already 9 pm when I saw the clock. Shrugging, I grabbed my car keys and left the dorm room.

It hasn't even been a full month since I started here in college, but it already feels like I'm in jail. It's like starting high school all over again, but of course, more stressful and more dramatic professors. I mean, the drama was never my thing, then this happened. People who went to college said that college is great; in what part?

I walked towards the parking area and sighed when I saw my car. My beautiful and amazing car which is not that beautiful but is called beautiful because it's mine.

I was about to open it when I noticed something. I frowned when I noticed that something's wrong with my freaking tire. As I've said, my car is not the most beautiful car on this planet but it is mine, therefore, it is the most beautiful thing in the world. So even when the appearance of my car is not that all great for others, I still noticed what happened to my tire.

IT'S FREAKING GONE!

"Great. Best. day. ever!" I groaned and walked back towards the university's back building.

Not even a missing tire can trap me in this place. My heart hurts when I think about it because my tire is mine and my tire and I went way back. It has been the same tire since I first got it and now it's stolen from me. Like I know my tire is amazing but come on, that was my tire and it literally helped me to go to different places!

I've heard that the best and easiest way towards the mall by feet would be behind the university building. -Which is also the same area where weed is magically grown there.

Well, according to the rumors, there's a small and dark alley that goes straight to the nearest mall's parking lot. I mean, yeah, it would probably take me 10 to 15 minutes, but it's way better than the 30 minutes walk with the normal road.

Walking deeper into the dark alley, I silently gulped and took my phone while walking. I've squinted my eyes for a bit from the light from my phone's screen. After all, it is the only source of light; well, other than the dim sunlight thanks to some tall brick walls.

23:43

It's almost midnight, it's dark, it's also freezing and I'm lost.

I flipped my phone and used it as the flashlight.

I'm such a genius.

My heart starts beating faster when I felt a cold breeze passing through me. My heart froze when I heard a loud click.

Turning around, I sighed in relief when I saw a cat stepping at an empty Coca Cola can beside the dumpster. I walked towards it and threw some empty candy wrappers from my pocket.

What if I die in this alley? What if I died because of hunger, or because of the cold air, or because of someone actually killing me?

Shaking my thoughts off, I muttered silently. "I hate that hag."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk."

I jumped from shock and turned around. "I'm not talking about-" I paused when no one was there.

Oh, I probably just thought that I heard it.

"You thought you were funny?"

Or my conscience... Calm down Riles, calm the duck down.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry..." I stuttered out, "I-I wasn't really planning on t-talking t-to h-him-"

"Shut up you filthy skank!"

"I said I was sorry..." I muttered silently.

"I'm going to kill you."

Nope, a dead ghost who died here wants me dead.

The same voice that gave me the chills continued,"If you thought that you can escape from me, then run."

Wha-? "I d-don't understand y-you-"

"Run."

And I did. To nowhere. In the dark. Great.