(17) I'm sorry

Alright alright alright 😁

HI YO CRAZEEPS!

I love reading books from readers 😊 PM me your username and your best book, I'll check it out.

Thank you for your supports!

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"She didn't have to mock me," I whispered silently, obviously annoyed with how Pryla acted not too long ago. "And by the way, his voice is not like that."

"Whose voice is not like what?" A familiar voice asked right behind me. I froze and the emotions I thought I've flushed down the toilet came rising up again.

Jay.

Why is he talking with me? Why now? Why here?

I decided to choose the mature and responsible road.

I kept silent.

"Riles? I'm talking here."

I grabbed my cup of coke and took a sip on it. Well, continue talking there.

"Riley." He sighed, "Riiiiiiley."

I took the last piece of fry on the table before standing up and left the table, leaving him there too.

"RILEY!" He shouted, making all heads turn in our way. This monster!

"What?" I asked exasperatedly and stopped walking. "What?"

Jay's once beautiful bright eyes went dimmed and his jaw clenched. He walked towards me, "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" I scoffed, "What's wrong with you?"

"What what's wrong with me? I have no problem but you, what's your problem?"

"I have no idea." I retorted while turning around, "Goodbye."

"RILEY!"

I groaned and clenched my teeth, "What?"

"Is anything wrong?" He asked, raising a perfectly trimmed eyebrow.

Is he kidding me?

"I don't know, is there?"

"There must be..." He muttered, "You're literally avoiding me-"

I cut him off with a snort, "I'm not ignoring you-"

"You're not ignoring me." He butted in, "You're avoiding me."

I slammed my mouth shut and decided to stay silent.

Alright.

"Why?"

I raised an eyebrow and bashed his head with the fork on the table beside me. Well, I imagined doing it.

Why? What would be the reasonable reason why I won't be avoiding him in the first place?

"Why won't I?"

"Why would you?"

I groaned and crossed my arms, "You literally slammed it in my face that we can never be friends," I paused, "Or more than that."

His eyes softened, "Riles-"

"It's Riley." I corrected him, "Only my friends call me that."

"Riles-"

"I won't talk to you if you continue calling me that."

He sighed, "Riley-"

"B-bye." I turned around and was about to walk off when he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"I called you 'Riley' so talk to me!"

"What?" I shrugged, "I don't talk to strangers."

He groaned tiredly, "Riley."

Honestly speaking, I can't look at him in the eyes anymore. Well, I can't look at him in the eyes for too long, anymore. It just hurts knowing what he has done.

I've expected for us to be friends, and was wishing for something more; but he answered my wish yesterday, he answered it quite frankly.

I can't stand him; not his scent, not his figure, not his aura, but him as him. His whole being. I never thought I would be saying this, but I just cannot stand Jay Emerson anymore.

So I need to create a distraction; a diversion.

"Hold on a sec," I told him. I frantically turn around and was looking for something; someone.

I need someone else for him to be distracted with. He is probably just bored and decided to mess with me.

Finally, a girl with blonde hair, green eyes, perfectly tanned skin, and clothes that should not be worn at school walked beside me.

I gasped out loud, "Excuse me!"

She turned towards me, flipped her hair, and continued walking to where she was going while swaying her hips.

I frowned, "Thank you for excusing me..."

She's really polite for actually doing my request.

"Riley?"

I sighed and faced him again. "Yes?"

"I don't want you avoiding me."

I stared down at my feet with clenched fists.

"I..." He paused, "I still want to be friends. But please, don't expect something more."

I never thought that I'd be hurt about something like this again.

"So?" He asked while offering his right hand to shake on, "Friends?"

I raised my head and shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

His eyes widened. He was about to say something since he opened his mouth, but I cut him off with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Jay. But I just can't." I muttered, "I just can't act like everything is fine since it is not. I just can't act like I'm alright with us being friends since it does hurt, okay?"

"Riley-"

"It hurts knowing that the person who kept on rejecting me for years but I still loved, will never love me back." I smiled sadly to keep my tears at bay, "I'm sorry, but I just can't."

I turn around and whispered the words I never thought I'd be saying to anyone, especially to him. "Goodbye."

And with those words, with those two short words...

I left.

The cafeteria, I mean. I left the cafeteria.