(18) Temporary

So, first thing's first:

I'll be recommending one book per chapter, alright? 😊

Stereo Hearts by ImagineSkyline is an amazing book.

Next, I'm terribly sorry for my terrible attitude of writing and updating later than usual. I'm just really busy but still, sorry.

Now, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT CRAZEEPS AND NONE CRAZEEPS 😀

~-~

I started singing silently while brushing my hair. "Can you hear, my heartbeat?"

Tired of feeling, never enough.

I close my eyes, tell myself that my dreams will come true.

There'll be no more darkness when you believe in it.

Yourself you are unstoppable.

Where your destiny lies, dancing on the blades.

"You set my heart on fire!" I screamed while hopping on my bed while kneeling down. "Don't stop us now, the moment of truth! We were, born to make history!"

We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around.

"Yes, we were born to make history!" I rolled on my bed while moving my legs up and down. "BORN TO MAKE HISTORY!"

I stood up and shouted, "Don't stop us now, the moment of truth! We were born to make history! We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around, we were born to make history-"

I was cut off with a loud bang. My door was slammed open and an angry-looking mom glared at me. "RILEY!"

"Yes, ma?"

"It's 2 in the morning and you have to sleep," She hissed out, "Right now."

I awkwardly nodded and turned the music down, "Yes ma."

"Right now, Riley."

"I know, I know." I hopped on my bed and crossed my legs, "Well... Night ma."

"Sleep." She spat out, giving me the final warning look.

"Got it." I immediately lied down and waved at her, "Night mom."

"It's morning." She grunted tiredly before closing my bedroom's lights and went back to her room.

I closed my eyes and tried relaxing, clearing my thought of anything and everything.

Including Jay Emerson.

His probable evil schemes.

And the 4th episode of Yuri!!! On Ice.

Not even a second longer, I sat up and grabbed my laptop.

Just one last episode.

~-~

"You look like what you ate last night." Pryla laughed while fixing my ponytail, "What happened?"

My answer was a loud and tired groan.

"What time did you sleep?"

I answered her again with a sleepy moan.

"Did you even sleep?"

I shook my head 'no' and dug my face deeper into my very fluffy bag.

"May I know why?"

"No." I sighed while closing my eyes and let the darkness take over me.

Apparently and as always, one last episode means finishing the available aired episodes.

And as usual, I didn't even sleep a blink!

"Is Riley here?" A familiar voice, specifically a voice coming from a blonde clean-cut guy. Gilbert.

Just as I was about to greet him, Pry started being a class bee again. "Who's asking?"

"Me."

She snorted, "Her presence is not your business."

I heard his deep chuckle, "Since you're all stingy and all, I believe that she is here."

"Which is true." I sat up and waved at him, "Hey Gil."

His eyes brightened up and a cute grin was planted on his face. "Riles."

"Gag me." Pryla rolled her eyes before picking her bag and faced me, "I'm transferring to another seat."

"Pryla!" I called out, making her stop on her tracks and faced me.

"Yes?"

I smiled sheepishly, "Don't be noisy."

She rolled her eyes again and turned around with a flip of her hair.

"So..." I faced him, "Why are you here?" Realizing how rude I must have seemed, I immediately cleared my throat. "I mean, I don't think that you're a student here." I pointed at his casual formal attire, "With the clothes and all."

He laughed, "Nope, actually-"

"Riley?"

"Jay," I muttered as I watch him enter the classroom quite smugly. "Since when did we became buddies in this class?"

I should've known if we were classmates, after all, I did use to stalk him. I know his schedule from the moment he opens his eyes, to the moment he closes it again to sleep.

"I changed some schedule and all," He grinned and was about to say something when his eyes snapped at Gil.

Something changed from the room's aura. It's probably because of the death glare he's giving to the innocent guy.

"Who's he?" He asked, dropping his bag to where Gil was sitting.

"Gil, this is Jay." I started, "Jay, this is Gilbert."

Gil gave him a warm smile, "Hey, nice to meet you."

Jay simply raised an eyebrow, "U-huh. Yeah." He took his bag off the chair and replaced it with his bag. "Excuse me, you're on my seat."

What's up with my friends hating on Gil?

"Hey Gil," I turned to my other side, "Here's an empty seat."

He chuckled and picked up his bag, "Actually, that's not necessary."

"Really?" I asked indecorously, "You better hurry up. Class is going to start soon."

He grinned before standing up and walked towards the front part of the class. He puts his bag down as the bell rung, "Good morning everyone, I'm Gilbert Goñen." He looked at me, "And I'm your temporary Calculus professor."