(10) The Emersons

How's your day so far?

MINE WOULD BE AMAAAZING!

Thank you for everything!

ENJOY 😊

~-~

Lexus. Lexus is my dream car brand.

You can literally imagine me working my butt off during middle school just to save money for both my car today, and Jay's presents.

So you can also imagine me pouring my heart out when I heard a loud bang from behind my car and a metal clang coming from my car.

Jay. Jay, where are you?

"Jay..." I sobbed as I put on more gas and drive faster towards his house.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

I turn around and gasped when I saw the bald guy earlier driving a big black van behind my car with a gun in his hand.

Jay, why did you have to get my phone when I needed it the most?

"HEY SAITAMA!" I screamed angrily, "DID YOU JUST REALLY SHOOT BULLETS IN MY CAR?!"

"YOU BITCH!" He shouted back, "YOU FUCKING FOOLED ME!" He cocked the gun out of his window and started shooting again.

Groaning, I bent down and accelerated my car. "No one's a fool if they didn't get fooled!" I screamed and turned around the corner, knowing he'd get lost if he still doesn't know this place yet.

I turn around on corners and corners, going past through random tunnels which seems like we're going to another town where in reality, we're just literally going circles in this town.

After some time, I noticed that I couldn't hear any engine except for mine. Making a sharp drift, I followed the path towards the Emersons.

Seeing the white mansion, I sighed in relief before doing parallel parking and went out of my car. "Jay!"

I ran towards the porch and knocked on the door loudly. "Jay! Emily! Adam!"

The door opened, revealing a fresh-out-of-the-bathroom-looking Emily. With a towel wrapped around her body and water dripping from her hair, I rushed in and hugged her tightly.

"Riley?" She asked as she closed the door.

"Em..." I sobbed, "Em!"

"Riley?" She muttered while rubbing my back comfortably, "Is everything all right?"

"No..." I shook my head, "In fact, everything's going haywire!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Jay...!" I gasped, "Where's Jay?!"

"Upstairs-" I rudely cut her off by running upstairs and shouting, "I TELL YOU LATER!"

I barged in. "JAY!" Stopping in my tracks, the memory of the last time I've gone in flashed in my mind.

I clutched my chest when I realized that the wound of the heartbreak was still open, that it was still raw. The heartbreak still breaks me. The sound of my heart dropping and shattering, the feeling of my heart clenching; everything went crashing down.

"Riley?" He asked, putting the stack of papers down on his bed and running towards me, "Are you hurt?!"

I can't help it.

My legs felt all wobbly and I fell down on my knees. The feeling of fear and fright from earlier mixed with the unhealed wounds from this room went banging in my head.

"Riles!"

I sobbed and sobbed. My tears were falling down on my cheeks like waterfalls and my head was starting to ache.

Why now?

A pair of arms wrapped around mine and the familiar aroma of Jay Emerson replaced my oxygen. "Riley..."

I didn't hug him back, well, it's more in the line of I couldn't. I mean, how could I? How could I if he's the reason why these are happening to me in the first place? Probably not with Saitama chasing me, but with my heart clenching painfully.

"What's wrong?" He asked after successfully calming me down by rubbing my back soothingly.

"Saitama chased me..."

"...What?"

"I mean," I cleared my throat, "A bald guy chased me..."

He remained silent as I continued, "I don't think that it has something to do with me accidentally stealing his candy from the past or something since he was shooting bullets in my car and had called me his girlfriend!"

Jay growled angrily; yes, like a dog. "Why didn't you call me?"

I frowned, "You have my phone, remember?"

I can't believe that he's blaming this on me right now. "Technically speaking, this is your fault since you grabbed my phone!"

"My fault?!" He scoffed, "How come it's my fault!"

"If you didn't confiscate my phone, then I would've been able to call the police!"

He snorted, "Those shitty heads wouldn't be able to do anything anyways."

I pinched him, "Don't curse."

He frowned but didn't say anything back. You see, in my family, well, the Langston's, my mother had made this rule where we shouldn't curse. If we would or at least hear a bad word coming out from anyone's lips, then we would pinch ourselves or that person.

Since saying a bad word is bad.

He sighed while standing up, "Come, let me clean you up."

I raised an eyebrow and simply stared at the hand he offered, "I just cried, I'm not dirty or anything."

He gave me a small smile, "Tell me that next time when your snot is not all over your face."