(12) Brutha

HI CRAZEEPS!

Sem break is almost over, but I'm still going to enjoy it 😂

So ENJOY 😊

~-~

"GOOD MORNING YOU EYESORES!"

I furrowed my eyebrows and hugged my huge warm pillow tighter.

"Hey, lovebirds! WAKE UP YOU ANNOYING DUCKLINGS!"

I heard a groan from underneath me, "The only one annoying in this room is you, Cobe." I buried my head deeper on my pillow to shut it up.

Wait, what?

The only thing annoying right now is not Cobie, but my pillow!

I slapped my pillow hard with a frown, "Don't be noisy, you fluffy pillow. Just do your job and be fluffier."

Wait, what?

Why is Cobie in my room in the first place? Plus, when did my pillow learn how to talk..?

Wait, what?

My pillow's an alien!

I opened my eyes immediately and gasped when I realized that my pillow wasn't an alien.

"Jay...?" The Jay Emerson is right underneath me!

He chuckled, "Morning."

I hate the fact that even his morning breath smells good. Since I'm not as perfect as him, I simply smiled back awkwardly and sat up, making sure not to open my mouth so I wouldn't kill him with my horrible morning breath.

"Ugh." She groaned, "I so don't want to be here."

"Then why are you here?" He frowned at her, picking up a random shirt on his bed table and wore it.

Taking a peek from my lashes, Cobie Emerson's once jolly and happy-go-lucky vibe went downhill and was replaced with a cold hard aura.

That's weird.

"Put bullets in your gun or knives on your belt." She turns around and muttered, "You have company."

~-~

White.

That's all that I'm seeing now.

Just a plain and thick-clothed white curtain in front of me. The small cool breeze brushed against my toes, but I didn't dare to make a move.

After all, how can I? How can I when the scariest monster of all monsters is not too far away from me and is currently having a discussion with the one I love?

"Where's my sister, Emerson?" My older brother, Elliot Langston, growled out angrily. "You better thank the one above that Charlie's not here, you dumb Ashe." And Charlie is my oldest brother.

Charlie Langston is 9 years older than me, so he's 28 years old. He's already married to Vanchel Langston and they have a very lovely and charming daughter named Cavorelle who is 5 years old.

Elliot Langston is a year older than me, so he's technically 20 years old. He's a sophomore in college and is taking law. -So he's pretty uptight. No wonder Cobie was so cold earlier. Let's just say that they have their own problems and history together.

Well, it's a long story, but to make the long story short, Cobe and El used to date way back since middle school, but in their high school senior graduation, they broke up.

Cobe never mentioned anything after their breakup and acted as if everything is back to normal. Except for the fact that 2 weeks after their break up, she packed her bags and moved to New York and usually avoids the topic about their past relationship.

El, on the other hand, usually jokes around their past and shrugs the questions off with humor, which annoys the heck out of Cobe.

They're both complicated, which is why I believe that they're still perfect for each other.

"That's a lame save, El," Jay smirked while crossing his arms, successfully making my brother angrier. "You could've just stated the word butt."

Elliot smirked back, "Or simply the word ass."

"El!" I screamed, revealing myself from behind the curtains, and walked towards him. I pinched his left elbow and frowned, "Don't say bad words!"

Elliot's smirking facade changed and he gripped my left arm tightly, "Got you."

"El!" I gasped, finally realizing that he tricked me. "Let me go, you dork!"

He muffled a laugh and snorted, "Dork? Really Riles?"

"Really." Pulling my arm back, I glared at him. "How did you know that I was here?"

And again, his facade is back to his serious mode. "Hibiscus called."

My eyes widened, "A flower?"

"No." He shook his head, "The bald guy."

I whispered silently, "Saitama..."

"Yes." He nodded slowly. "He blackmailed us."

"But that doesn't answer my question about you knowing that I'm here."

He rolled his eyes, "When he mentioned about you being silent, I immediately knew he was lying."

Cue for an eye roll, please.

"No kidding though. When I realized that he was lying, Jay's name was the first name that popped in my head to where you actually are."

"Why...?"

"Because."

"Because...?"

"Because."

I frowned, "You're stupid."

"Like brother like a sister." He winked.

"Wait," I gasped, "Does that mean that mom and dad know about Saitama?! Who is he?!"

"Someone."

"Someone...?"

"Someone."

I sneered angrily, "You better answer me right now, Elliot."

"Or what, Riles?" He mocked, "Are you going to cry loudly and start throwing your baby tantrums?"

"No." I crossed my arms, "I'm gonna call Cobie."